Author Topic: Can't get license file from avast or digital river..wtf?  (Read 13264 times)

Abw

Can't get license file from avast or digital river..wtf?
« on: October 14, 2011, 10:21:45 PM »
I just bought avast Internet security and while I have received the conformation email and software but  there was no license file attached!! I called digital river(avast distributor) and they say avast will be sending it but when I called avast they said digital river would send it. Now, I got nothing.. I bought avast but still don't have it and no one will take responsibility for sending me the license file..jezzz....What a scam

A little help please because obviously hither avast or digital river will fix this for me and now I am out my money with no license!!

Help!!

PS- the file is not in my junk mail, I have a recipt  and the software download/order conformation email but no licencse or serial number for the software..

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Can't get license file from avast or digital river..wtf?
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:29:48 PM »
Was there an attachment on the e-mail called avastlic.lic ?   If so then double click that and the licence will self install

Abw

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 10:50:29 PM »
That's what I was hoping for but no it just says wants posted below... No link but for the software download and all the support links.. No attachments or lic links...

Thank you for your purchase and for becoming an AVAST customer!

AVAST Software Customer Service Team
sales@avast.com
License File does not exist

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 10:59:33 PM »
Shoot an e-mail off to sales @ avast as per the link and state that you have not received the licence file and digital river will not give you one.  Let me know if that works

I am currently looking to see if there is an offline method of getting the licence 

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 11:08:31 PM »
What if you use the re-send form?
http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:52 PM »
Shucks beat me to it - I just found that link  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2011, 11:13:19 PM »
There may not have been an attachment (might have been stripped out by an overzealous email server), but there may have been a link in the email to download the license.avastlic file.

Short of that try:
Resend avast License http://www.avast.com/resend-license-paid.php, you will need to enter the email that you used when purchasing the license, e.g. the one that the original email with the link was sent.

Beat me too
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Abw

« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 11:14:02 PM »
I did that and they have no record of my email so they send me an email that tells me as much... Then, if I go to log in I can find my order but it's tied into digital river somehow... Very confused.. It's like I am lost between both companies...

Abw

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2011, 11:34:10 PM »
Soooo... I really appreciate you guys trying to help but it looks like I have found the weakness with Avast.. No customer support.. I am getting nothing but an empty wallet out of this and it kind of hurts because I actually bought the darn thing...

Big fat F for support....

ady4um

« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2011, 11:38:06 PM »
Are you sure you reported the exact same email address in all those situations? Or maybe it was a different "from" field? I mean, the same you used to register, use it with Avast Sales and with Digital River. ???

Abw

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2011, 11:58:57 PM »
Yep... It's crazy and no one can help it seems.. I can go on the avast estore(which is Digital river) and pull up my order under that email.. Now, if I go to resend license I get the response below..  But they charged me and I have the full conformation email with all the instructions etc.. The only difference is that at the end of my conformation email it says license file does not exist and no one will send me the darn liscnse I paid for.. Not avast or digital river.. Crazy....

Dear customer,

we are sorry, but our records show no valid purchases with the e-mail address you specified (I changed this@gmail.com).

Please make sure the information you supplied is correct, and the original purchase was carried out using this email address.

If you purchased your license from an avast! reseller please contact the reseller directly (http://www.avast.com/locate-dealer).

Best regards,

the avast! team

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2011, 12:40:28 AM »
another area to check - License enquiries Digital River (Element5) https://secure.element5.com/esales/impressum.html?. Hopefully you should at least be able to input information on your order/transaction/receipt, etc. using the contact form so they can track it down.

I'm not sure what information you gave to sales at avast, as the above information might also help them.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2011, 12:48:09 AM »
Assuming you used a credit card, you might want to communicate with them should all other avenues fail.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2011, 01:21:22 AM »
There might be some problem on the servers (I'm not sure, but there are some hints) - so I'd ask you for a bit of patience, it should get checked.

Btw, when you say you "called avast"... where exactly did you call?

Abw

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2011, 01:31:17 AM »
Thanks for the reply.. I will give it a couple days.. I called the 1-877-314-5079 number and they routed me over to technical support aka.. Digital River and from there we just went round and round...I sent all this info to sales@ avast.com..hell.. I have sent it to everyone but no luck yet..

So... Your advise is to wait and somehow the code will find it's way into my inbox?