Author Topic: SafeZone and Windows copy & paste  (Read 6004 times)

davidajijic

SafeZone and Windows copy & paste
« on: October 18, 2011, 03:11:10 AM »
Hello

I´m currently using a trial verson of Avast Internet Security v. 6.0.1289. One question I have is that I am able to copy and paste to a field in SafeZone.  In other words, I can copy a password from my regular Windows session from an Excel file, open SafeZone and go to my bank site and paste the password. Is this a security flaw since I thought the SafeZone would not allow contents from the clipboard from a regular session?

Thanks

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: SafeZone and Windows copy & paste
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 01:44:40 AM »
Why not? I mean, what's the problem?
If you don't want a keylogger see your password, do not open (copy) it outside of the SafeZone.
The best things in life are free.

davidajijic

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 02:34:33 PM »
Why not? I mean, what's the problem?
If you don't want a keylogger see your password, do not open (copy) it outside of the SafeZone.

Because Avast says that "The avast! SafeZone is special web browser in avast! Pro Antivirus 6.x and avast! Internet Security 6.x, which allows you to browse the web in a private, secure environment, invisible to the rest of your system.

I'm just wondering how "invisible" it is if the clipboard can write to an application in the "safe zone".

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:06:03 AM »
I'm just wondering how "invisible" it is if the clipboard can write to an application in the "safe zone".
It's by design.
Try running any other program: a screen recorder, a keylogger, whatever... You can't even run the password manager into it...
The best things in life are free.