Author Topic: Popular sites not listed in sandbox (any more - did used to)  (Read 2446 times)

1eyedjack

Popular sites not listed in sandbox (any more - did used to)
« on: October 16, 2011, 06:29:31 AM »
Windows Vista Home Premium
Avast Internet Securty 6.0.1289
Internet Explorer 9
Home page is About:tabs
IE9 always runs in a sandbox

The home page is supposed to display the 10 most visited sites, since the last time you cleaned the sandbox.  It used to do this.

Now when I open IE9 it only presents a blank page with 8 empty slots for most visited sites, even if I do not clean the sandbox between browsing sessions.

I expect I have changed a setting somewhere.  Any ideas?  I prefer it the way that it was working before.

I have tried forcing IE9 to run always outside the sandbox (history resumes) and then back in the sandbox but that hasn't solved it.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 10:38:35 AM by 1eyedjack »

Bangvast

Re: Popular sites not listed in sandbox (any more - did used to)
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2011, 10:43:08 AM »
You can try with an exclusion of IE9 ,If its not work As per my experience degrade the IE. :P

1eyedjack

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2011, 11:50:35 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion.

I think if I listed IE9 in the exclusions it would defeat almost the whole object of running it in a sandbox.

As I said, it was working before (and indeed still is on another computer that I have been working on)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2011, 11:54:01 AM by 1eyedjack »

Nesivos

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2011, 08:23:25 PM »
I would try opening IE in the Sandbox.

Reset Internet Options Home Page to Use Current Page

Close IE

Reopen it in the Sandbox and see if the Current page from the last browser session opens by itself without any other tabs. 

If it does then go back to Internet Options Home Page and enter "About:Tabs".  Close Internet Options browse a bit opening some new tabs and then close the Browser.

Reopen it in the Sandbox and see what you get.

1eyedjack

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:56:32 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions.

I tried stage 1 (Setting to current page) and it worked.  I closed IE, reopened IE and it opened at this thread.

I then tried stage 2 (reset home page to about:tabs) and browsed around a bit, closed IE, reopened it but nothing shows up.

So, good try, but still back to square one.

1eyedjack

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 08:53:55 PM »
Sorted.
Emptying the sandbox (again) seems to have resolved it.
Random