Author Topic: Avast IS firewall cannot install  (Read 5594 times)

nelu68

Avast IS firewall cannot install
« on: October 19, 2011, 11:41:52 PM »
Hallo,I've checked AIS to install.Become a warning"firewall driver cannot install".I tryed to install in safe mode ,the same result.I mention that I havent any security software installed,the system is complet clean
My system Windows 7/64k

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast IS firewall cannot install
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 11:45:01 PM »
I mention that I havent any security software installed,
and the one you had before avast...how did you remove it ?
did you run a removal tool to clear any leftovers ?

nelu68

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 11:52:20 PM »
I have before Norton IS 2012.I uninstalled first from ad/install programm,then with Norton uninstall tool,3 time with restart,then i've choose the footprint of Norton(folders and registry) I delete all these things.
PS:The avast install file have from original avast site downloaded
Thks a lot for helping

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 11:59:13 PM »
if you run avast repair and reboot...will that do anything?

For a repair of avast. Windows, Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button from the pop-up window, scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

nelu68

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 12:07:37 AM »
Before I uninstalled Avast,i tryed to repair it.The same result

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:29:02 AM »
Hi,

I recommend you to update the network driver (which is available in the optional updates, when you run Windows update).Then restart the PC and repair/change  the avast (from programs and features) .

Still you are facing issue!! post reply.. We hope the issue is fixed. Have a wonderful day. Good k@rma !

nelu68

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 12:42:59 AM »
I tryed windows update no any optional update(exept microsoft essential).Otherwise I have driver install max program,seems all my drivers from system are uptodate

nelu68

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 12:51:58 AM »
I attache a log.text from the moment when comes the warning that firewall driver cannot install.Perhaps some expert can help me in this problem
Tks in advance

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 01:55:15 AM »
0x8007001F errors goes for "A device attached to the system is not functioning".
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319445/en-us (although it's a very old information).
The best things in life are free.

nelu68

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 02:52:44 AM »
Well 0x8007001F has not do to with some installers.Before I had another security suites installed,nothing wrong happend.I found that other users have the same problem without a clear solution(http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76471.0,for instance)

ady4um

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 03:13:08 AM »
Well 0x8007001F has not do to with some installers.Before I had another security suites installed,nothing wrong happend.I found that other users have the same problem without a clear solution(http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=76471.0,for instance)
Who says there is no clear solution? The clear solution in that topic was to run the specific removal utility of older security tools that were previously installed, then the removal utility for Avast (with reboots in between and from Windows Safe Mode in ALL uninstallations / removals) and to download the latest stable version of Avast anew.

Of course, after installation, reboot immediately again, test for several days and run the registration again.

BTW, under Windows Safe Mode, you can check Device Manager too so to find any old driver that may have some problem, and repeat the check under Normal Mode for comparison.

To be completely clear, the "Add/Remove Programs" normal method of uninstallation for security tools is usually NOT enough, and that's why there are specific removal utilities from each producer.

Offline bri

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
  • U.S.A
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 03:32:00 AM »
i had the same problem posted here-http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=82785.msg675810#msg675810-i could install everything but the firewall.my only solution was to pull the ethernet cord on the pc and put a linksys usb wireless in and use my wireless network,after i did that the whole ais suite including the firewall installed fine.after installed i took out the usb wireless and put the ethernet cord back in and it runs fine.i dont know maybe your situation is different but if nothin else works maybe give it a try.

this happened on win 7 32 bit-verizon fios

nelu68

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 01:10:26 PM »
I've checked all,the drivers in device manager too.Nothing found.Here is my Hijack: