Author Topic: Avast home not registering  (Read 4787 times)

Offline psyfer9983

Avast home not registering
« on: October 18, 2011, 04:53:17 AM »
Like the subject said, Avast is not registering.

Here is the scenario I have. This has always worked in the past for the last 6 + years (yea, I have used Avast that long). I have 3 computers at my house and my uncle has 2 or 3. In the past, I would use the same key for all the computers, mine and my uncle's, with no problems at all cause I didn't want to register 6 or more times with the same email address, name, and street adress. I have to do the registration for my uncle because he is not that computer savvy. I had to get a new key 2 or 3 weeks ago for my laptop. I got the key and put it into Avast and Avast said it was good for another year. Since then, I have used the key at least 5 or 6 times. 2 more times for my other computers, and 3 more times for my uncle (I may have used it 1 more time for my "OLD AS DIRT" HP laptop I use for old games).

Today, on my laptop (the main pc I use, its an ASUS G53JW) I got a message from Avast saying that it has expired. I tried the same key again (same one I used the last time) to day and it would not take it, said it was invalid. My server was due for a new key and said it had 15 days left. I tried the same key I tried on my laptop and it worked with no problem. So I when back to my laptop to try it again and it still said it was invalid.

The whole point of this question/topic is that I have multiple computers that all need the free version of Avast and I don't want to register every computer to get a key since I need 6 or more keys. Is there anyway to get a key for all my computers and my uncle's computers?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast home not registering
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
Aren't you able to do the online registration through the GUI which doesn't require you to install keys ?

Daris

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2011, 10:02:55 AM »
Yeah, I thought you said "Free Versions of Avast"....Just Click Enter registration, and write in your email and you're all set..Don't click on the (Pro or Internet Security License File)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2011, 10:28:04 AM »
Hmmm, as the OP is talking about avast home, he's maybe still on 4.8...!??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Bangvast

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 03:18:49 AM »
Like the subject said, Avast is not registering.

Here is the scenario I have. This has always worked in the past for the last 6 + years (yea, I have used Avast that long). I have 3 computers at my house and my uncle has 2 or 3. In the past, I would use the same key for all the computers, mine and my uncle's, with no problems at all cause I didn't want to register 6 or more times with the same email address, name, and street address. I have to do the registration for my uncle because he is not that computer savvy. I had to get a new key 2 or 3 weeks ago for my laptop. I got the key and put it into Avast and Avast said it was good for another year. Since then, I have used the key at least 5 or 6 times. 2 more times for my other computers, and 3 more times for my uncle (I may have used it 1 more time for my "OLD AS DIRT" HP laptop I use for old games).

Today, on my laptop (the main PC I use, its an ASUS G53JW) I got a message from Avast saying that it has expired. I tried the same key again (same one I used the last time) to day and it would not take it, said it was invalid. My server was due for a new key and said it had 15 days left. I tried the same key I tried on my laptop and it worked with no problem. So I when back to my laptop to try it again and it still said it was invalid.

The whole point of this question/topic is that I have multiple computers that all need the free version of Avast and I don't want to register every computer to get a key since I need 6 or more keys. Is there anyway to get a key for all my computers and my uncle's computers?

Okay,As per the all responds ,I request you  please try to reinstall the Programme with the new resend license file,If you are again facing the same issue ,The better is you can contact with the AVAST customer care directly and you can rise a  request for the license file.

Thank you.

Daris

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 12:45:42 PM »
The whole point of this question/topic is that I have multiple computers that all need the free version of Avast

The Free version does not need a key ... Just Fill in your email and click send...Don't click on "Insert Avast Pro Antivirus Internet Security License file"..

If you need more help let us know

TC

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 10:11:25 PM »
Hi,

There is one more way for registration, if online registration is not working, you can go for offline registeration

open the avast! Free Antivirus license registration web-form via the following link:

http://www.avast.com/registration-free-antivirus.php

In the web-form, enter all the required data .when it's finished, click 'Register for free license' to submit your registration.

In a few minutes you will receive an avast! registration e-mail containing the license key

Open the avast! registration e-mail, highlight and copy the license key

Then in the avast! user interface, on the YOUR REGISTRATION screen, click the 'Insert the license key' button.Paste the key there
After your registration is complete, an information dialog will be displayed. Just click 'OK'

For reference:-
  you can get help : https://support.avast.com/index.php?_m=knowledgebase&_a=viewarticle&kbarticleid=766