Author Topic: New at Avast  (Read 7914 times)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: New at Avast
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »
Have you tried a repair of avast? Control Panel...add/remove...double click avast...scroll down to repair.
Also check your settings upper right hand corner on the UI.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

blue_fyre

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 01:21:05 AM »
 The scan hanging for 2 hours can indicate hard driver error. That has happened to me. But since you said drive C and D are one physical drive and the separate drive E also hangs, you can probably rule out the disk error unless you have had all three drives for a long long time. If you suspect disk error then run chkdsk and quickly make copies of the important stuff before disk failure screws you over like it did to me.

Does your scan report show anything abnormal? While the scan hangs, what is the current file listed that's being scanned?

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 08:24:01 PM »
@ wan2fly99 please follow Asyn's advice as there are way too many flies in this soup. Trust me Asyn knows what he's talking about (after all he has been here longer and knows more).  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.