Poll

What do you think about the design/usability of our new main web site www.avast.com?

Wondeful! What an upgrade!
40 (65.6%)
It's OK, better than the old one
18 (29.5%)
It's about the same as the old one
2 (3.3%)
Boring...
0 (0%)
IT SUCKS!
0 (0%)
Website? What is a website?
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How do you like our new website?  (Read 42906 times)

Novak

Re:How do you like our new website?
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2004, 02:53:15 PM »
I meant these icons :)

But icon for Network Shield is new ;)

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2004, 02:55:27 PM »
Great Martin, you're the man !!!

RejZor wrote:
No,the icons itself are fine,i would just like to see that glass design that is also used for toolbar buttons in Chest.

Well, I don't know are they 100% fine... new version of program, improved look at many points, and those icons are looking like those old games 45 degrees style (Attic Attack and other legends, hehe)...

We would really like to see something noticeable improoved. Martin can do that, I have no doubts.  ;D

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2004, 02:58:45 PM »
For example,i would use that nice shield image from homepage for Standard Shield. It really kicks ass :) Only size could be a problem though...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

lee16

« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2004, 03:05:59 PM »
For example,i would use that nice shield image from homepage for Standard Shield.

I would love to see this aswell, it does look really cool that new shield.

And mabey even the icon below for the taskbar icon, that would be really cool aswell in my opinon. (see below)

--lee

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2004, 03:28:58 PM »
That would be great, but unfortunately, it would be a great loss of quality when it's shrinked to 16x16 pixels... True, it would be great to change taskbar icon if possible. Just to have something diferent. avast! Blue Ball is great, but liitle boring IMHO. With 4.5 release it would really be great to have whole appereance little bit different. Even OS'es changes their appearance with new versions, so it's nothing like we are ungrateful or something like that... we just like to see changes. Same situation with skins. I had to please all those requests for different types of skins, and I think I did it pretty good... I hope  ::)

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 03:29:28 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

lee16

« Reply #80 on: November 18, 2004, 03:52:37 PM »
it's nothing like we are ungrateful or something like that... we just like to see changes.

Novak (martin?) are you ok with us making suggestions for the website/avast anti-virus? (apperance wise), becuase i wouldn't want to offend.

--lee

Novak

« Reply #81 on: November 18, 2004, 03:57:11 PM »
I like that dark aspect, more information in the main page and the more easy to use ;)

So I'm glad that you like our new design ... and first of all that the main page is easy to use for you. I wanted to make homepage, where everybody find important information quickly.

Novak

« Reply #82 on: November 18, 2004, 04:33:47 PM »
it's nothing like we are ungrateful or something like that... we just like to see changes.

Novak (martin?) are you ok with us making suggestions for the website/avast anti-virus? (apperance wise), becuase i wouldn't want to offend.

--lee

Yea Martin ... it's me:-)

It's OK ... but I stiil have a lot of work and I haven't time to do everething what you want ;) You know ... I must make advertising to magazines and many other things. But I am getting inspiration what I could change.

lee16

« Reply #83 on: November 18, 2004, 04:58:31 PM »
but I stiil have a lot of work and I haven't time to do everething what you want  You know ... I must make advertising to magazines and many other things

This is understandable Martin, we are patient people, we wouldn't rush you  , thats when mistakes happen  ;)

But I am getting inspiration what I could change

Well ill make one or two suggestions as i come up with them, mabey you will see something you like  :) (see below)

--lee

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #84 on: November 18, 2004, 05:10:38 PM »
Where is the link to the online scanner? ;)

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #85 on: November 18, 2004, 06:44:25 PM »
I like that dark aspect, more information in the main page and the more easy to use ;)

So I'm glad that you like our new design ... and first of all that the main page is easy to use for you. I wanted to make homepage, where everybody find important information quickly.

;D

Can you put in the menu, a link to the VPS history?

Thanks
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

XtremeKirby

« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2004, 10:43:00 PM »
Awesome website. Having seen a website like that for a looong time. Keep up the good work ALWIL!!!  ;D

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2004, 10:48:05 PM »
Hello XtremeKirby and welcome to forums.

Please take a look at forums policy:

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=6339

Your avatar is way to big for forum rules. Here is the quote from the policy:

do not use large pictures in signatures or avatars (mind other users who might have weaker connection and smaller display resolution)

Thanks !
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 10:48:46 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

cyfer

Re: How do you like our new website?
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2005, 06:14:37 AM »
Your sever guys, is nice and fast. ;) Nice!