Poll

What do you think about the design/usability of our new main web site www.avast.com?

Wondeful! What an upgrade!
40 (65.6%)
It's OK, better than the old one
18 (29.5%)
It's about the same as the old one
2 (3.3%)
Boring...
0 (0%)
IT SUCKS!
0 (0%)
Website? What is a website?
1 (1.6%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: How do you like our new website?  (Read 42987 times)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:How do you like our new website?
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2004, 01:07:19 PM »
You've provided disability access by using the ALT tag - most unusual in commercial type sites.

Gillie, I did not follow you... What do you mean?  :-[
The best things in life are free.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2004, 01:19:27 PM »
Pavel great little movie and even nicer to be able to enjoy it without sound - the work puter doesn't have a sound card and I don't use sound on the home puter most of the time because I'm deaf and wear a hearing aid.

Sorry Gillie2tat, my name is not Pavel  ;) It's Sasha (S.Z.Craftec), hehe...  ;D And, yes... I included those subtitles, for everyone to be able to understand what's going on in that little movie...

Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 01:21:03 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

Novak

« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2004, 01:35:45 PM »
Will you also redesign On-Access panel provider icons or is that not planned? They are nice,but those used in Chest are even nicer.
Glass icon design is very nice :)

Sorry, but I didnt get what you thought - which icons ? In provider panel ? There are not icons in on-access provider scanning. Make a screenshot, thanks.

Gillie2tat

« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2004, 01:39:33 PM »
LOL that'll teach me to read things properly - sorry Sasha!

Gillie2tat

« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2004, 01:41:37 PM »
The ALT tag is used in IMG SRC to provide a means of telling people what the image is about - like this:-

< img src="myimage.jpg" width="x" height="x" alt="the alt tag is used as a means of access for people who use text only browsers or for people who cannot see.  It can be used to tell them what the image is displaying and where it links to if it's an image link.  It is also a required tag under W3 recommendations, and disability law in both the UK and USA." >

Hope that helps:)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 01:43:06 PM by Gillie2tat »

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2004, 01:45:37 PM »
I meant these icons :)
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2004, 01:47:34 PM »
Will you also redesign On-Access panel provider icons or is that not planned? They are nice,but those used in Chest are even nicer.
Glass icon design is very nice :)

Sorry, but I didnt get what you thought - which icons ? In provider panel ? There are not icons in on-access provider scanning. Make a screenshot, thanks.

I think he meant on these Martin... to be true, these are pretty ugly... looks kinda obsolete... sorry, it's just my humble opinion. I like those that you made for skinless interface a lot... they are adorable !!! Make something like that for On-Access Scanner as well, please !

EDIT: OK he has little bit faster...  ;D
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 01:49:53 PM by S.Z.Craftec »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2004, 01:52:12 PM »
The ALT tag is used in IMG SRC to provide a means of telling people what the image is about - like this:-

< img src="myimage.jpg" width="x" height="x" alt="the alt tag is used as a means of access for people who use text only browsers or for people who cannot see.  It can be used to tell them what the image is displaying and where it links to if it's an image link.  It is also a required tag under W3 recommendations, and disability law in both the UK and USA." >

Hope that helps:)

Yeah, that's best thing they could do. I adore Alwil guys... they think of all users, with or without dissabilities. I love them so much ! They showed us that everyone is equal and non-less important. A way to go Alwil !

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2004, 01:55:18 PM »
Something like these Martin... Please, please... they are so nice, so professional looking, unbelievable !!! I would give you award for these !  ;D

lee16

« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2004, 02:02:54 PM »
Surely they would have to have some kinda name on them Sasha, or other people including me would get confused to what they are.

--lee
« Last Edit: November 18, 2004, 02:03:23 PM by lee16 »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2004, 02:15:04 PM »
Well of course, no one ever mentioned anything about wording in those icons. We were just talking about icon shapes...

lee16

« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2004, 02:28:15 PM »
Ahhhhh, that explains it *slaps head*

--lee

Offline rdsu

• Avast Evangelist
  • Poster
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2004, 02:31:31 PM »
I like that dark aspect, more information in the main page and the more easy to use ;)
Avast Free Antivirus: Web Shield & Home Network Security.

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2004, 02:43:12 PM »
No,the icons itself are fine,i would just like to see that glass design that is also used for toolbar buttons in Chest.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Novak

« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2004, 02:50:17 PM »
Something like these Martin... Please, please... they are so nice, so professional looking, unbelievable !!! I would give you award for these !  ;D

Ok, I will try to do with old icons. These (from skinless verison of avast!) and mutch more new icons are used in ADNM console http://www.avast.com/eng/adnm.html