Author Topic: Avast 4.8 professional license fails after joining to domain  (Read 2236 times)

slyfox913

Avast 4.8 professional license fails after joining to domain
« on: October 23, 2011, 04:14:51 AM »
I work at a public school and we have been using Avast 4.8 professional on our XP computers. We are starting to upgrade the computers to Windows 7. I enter the license key and it says thank you. Seems normal until I reboot, and I get a message saying Avast has expired. If I remove the computer from the domain it works fine until I rejoin. Then the I get the error again.

ady4um

Re: Avast 4.8 professional license fails after joining to domain
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2011, 04:32:29 AM »
I apologize in advance, since I'm not going to give a solution. I don't know why that is happening.

But, at least for curiosity if not for something else, any reason not to update to Avast 6.x? The paid license should be extendable (convertible)to the newer releases (up to the same date it is valid).

Avast 6.x should consume less resources than Avast 4.x. So the only reason I can think not to update (since you are already updating your systems) would be the OS. Since you are not using Win 9x, then why not to update to Avast 6.x?

You don't really need to answer to this. Whether you choose to update to Avast 6.x or not, I hope someone else can answer your original question.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Avast 4.8 professional license fails after joining to domain
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2011, 06:48:32 PM »
Please, upload (attach) the avast log:
C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\log\Setup.log
or C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\Setup\setup.log

If the file is too big for the forum, post the last 400-500 lines of it.
The best things in life are free.