Author Topic: Avast Firewall  (Read 2878 times)

antoine9251

Avast Firewall
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:37:09 AM »
After uninstalling AIS trial version, I reinstalled Avast Free. I downloaded Threatfire to complement my AV and when it did a security check it tells me AIS firewall is on.  There is no setting for the firewall on my interface and I think this should have been removed with the uninstall.  Any thoughts on this? thanx

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Avast Firewall
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 08:12:13 AM »
Sounds like you need to uninstall avast again and run the removal tool  http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility to clear out leftovers, after removing it can help to run a search through your system for Avast entries and run a cleaning tool such as Ccleaner then reinstall avast.

Threatfire isnt recomended nowdays and can have some conflicts with avast, the better tools to run these days are Malwarebytes and Superantispyware.

antoine9251

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 02:04:37 AM »

Will do as you suggested. I only have ThreatFire because its real time. I did have Spyware Terminator and that caused issues. ThreatFire seems to be working nicely. I do have Malwarebytes as a stand alone.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 02:07:48 AM »
Hmmm... ThreatFire is going undeveloped and outdated... But, isn't it a ThreatFire issue rather than an avast one? ???
The best things in life are free.