Author Topic: [SOLVED] Delete pre-installed scans?  (Read 2653 times)

Cvette

[SOLVED] Delete pre-installed scans?
« on: October 19, 2011, 07:01:12 PM »
Good afternoon. I would like to create my own custom set of scans for Avast!, and remove those that are pre-installed. Is this possible?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2011, 07:08:12 PM by Cvette »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: Delete pre-installed scans?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »
No, the default scans cannot be removed.

Cvette

Re: Delete pre-installed scans?
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, 07:07:49 PM »
Ah that's a shame. Thanks for your help! :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: [SOLVED] Delete pre-installed scans?
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, 07:30:13 PM »
Why a shame, they are pre-defined scans and if nothing else give you a reference point. If they aren't used by the individual they don't run, so there is no resource use.

The biggest pain in the ass is electing to scan memory in custom scans as the forums are littered with topics/posts about this and the detection in memory (scaring the pants off them). The memory scan in a custom scan is more through, whist the Quick and Full System scan do scan memory it isn't to this degree and doesn't appear to have the same impact.

Personally I find the Quick scan more than adequate for my needs.
- With a resident on-access antivirus like avast, the need for frequent on-demand scans is much depreciated. For the most part the on-demand scan is going to be scanning files that would be otherwise be dormant or inert. If they were active files then the on-access file system shield would be scanning them before being created, modified, opened or executed.

I have avast set to do a scheduled weekly Quick scan, set at a time and day that I know the computer will be on. If for some reason my system wasn't on, no big deal I will catch up on the next scheduled scan.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Cvette

Re: [SOLVED] Delete pre-installed scans?
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2011, 07:34:05 PM »
Hi David.

I just hate to have something there that I probably won't use... perhaps it's just my inner-OCD kicking in ;)