Author Topic: RootKit And Lots More Problems Thank You In Advance ! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :-(  (Read 10195 times)

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: RootKit And Lots More Problems Thank You In Advance ! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh :-(
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 10:28:18 PM »
When you install windows over the top - unless you tell it to format the drive, then all the documents settings etc will copied to the new system under windows old.

Pdo.exe is an either or programme sometimes it is a virus and sometimes not depending on the location - temp file area is bad but, it is also an unpacking area for installations

The detection in system restore shows that a reformat was not done prior to the install

The alerts were probably malware signatures held in memory by your AV/Am software

wildwizard

« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 10:49:39 PM »
When you install windows over the top - unless you tell it to format the drive, then all the documents settings etc will copied to the new system under windows old.

Pdo.exe is an either or programme sometimes it is a virus and sometimes not depending on the location - temp file area is bad but, it is also an unpacking area for installations

The detection in system restore shows that a reformat was not done prior to the install

The alerts were probably malware signatures held in memory by your AV/Am software

Thanks For Your QUICK Answer And Reading That Book, I Really Appreciate It VERY Much...
Iam Scannign Again And Looks Like C:\system Volume_restore Is Totally Infected With This Win32/Cryptor....Must Leave Lots Of Foot Prints Or Something Behind...

Looks Like On The XP Machine, No Over The Top, But Full Format ( Not A "Quick" One Either"
And Re-Install ....

BUt What ABout This Machine (i7 920 Etc) Do You Think They Were All False Positives ??
Why Over 1100 "Infections" From One Day To The Next ...Does Not Seem Like It Was Replicating,
I Could Be Wrong Though..What Happened ??

Thanks Again Soooooooooooo Much For All Your Time And Efforts For Me, Its DEEPLY Appreciated For SURE !!

Ok 1 More If I May ?? I Might Have To Do A Fresh Install Of Vista 64 Bit Home OS On This Machine, Seems Like The OS Id Corrupted In Some Way, Computer Is Way Too Slow For What It Has In It 12 Gigs DDR3 Ram, ( Usless In VISTA Doesn't Recognize All The RAM :-( ) Etc...

Was Going To Do A REAL Fresh Install With Complete Format, And Reinstall Vista OS.....From There I Have An Upgrade Disk From Dell To Allow Me To Go From Vista To Win 7 64 Bit Home..

Sound Plausable ??

Thanks Again Sooooo Much !!
Awesome You Help Out So Many People :-)
Blessings,
~~Wild Wizard~~

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2011, 11:07:11 PM »
If you are going from 32 to 64 bit then windows will reformat the drive as a matter of course, 64 bit needs a clean drive

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »
If the greatest majority of them were like the PID ones at the start of your listing, then I believe this was an issue with the scanner and not the system (forum search for PID, etc. should show a few topics), which if you tried to take any action the file/s couldn't be found ?

I believe has now been corrected and why you aren't getting them now. This appears to have been a problem for a small number people (or we would have seen much more activity in the forums)
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wildwizard

« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2011, 11:25:54 PM »
If you are going from 32 to 64 bit then windows will reformat the drive as a matter of course, 64 bit needs a clean drive

Didn't Know That...No It Will Be From Vista Home 64 Bit Premium To Win 7 64 Bit Home Premium....
Thats All Thats Allowed With The Disks Provided ....Thats On This Machine, The XP Is The 32 Bit Box..

Thanks For All Your Help And Time !
MUCH Appreciated :-)
Blessings,
~~Wild Wizard~~

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 11:31:53 PM »
The preferable route would be to get windows to reformat as it installs - I believe it can do that on an upgrade - I'll check

Yep you should be able to do a custom install
« Last Edit: October 26, 2011, 11:33:27 PM by essexboy »