Author Topic: Avast keepts getting turned off by something  (Read 13287 times)

cruDE

Re: Avast keepts getting turned off by something
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2011, 09:51:48 PM »
Hi essexboy,

I am not sure, but do you think ZAccess.g varient can be fixed by running ComboFix.

Cheers.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2011, 09:53:44 PM »
Some variants can and some can't.  I had two yesterday that were resistant but we found a little workaround  ;D

cruDE

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2011, 10:01:25 PM »
thanks for the reply essexboy, i would be greatful if you can share the workaround coz i m having trouble removing the same from my friends computer. not allowing me to run any tools/scanners.

cheers.

ady4um

« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2011, 10:16:16 PM »
@cruDE, please open your own topic instead of hijacking this one.

cruDE

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2011, 10:36:04 PM »
@ ady4um, I dont have any intension to hijack this thread. the problem that i have mentioned is very similar to rickjames8 post.

Cheers.

rickjames8

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2011, 05:27:31 PM »
Hey all,

Thanks for your suggestions and offers.  I came back later that night and found that the computer had developed a host of other problems and could not even access the internet at all.  I decided to just reload W7 - something I considered doing anyway, but didn't want to take on the task of re-installing all my software.

Again, thanks for all the offers.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 05:44:08 PM »
Hi,

As essexboy mentioned here, this one is a zero access rootkit. Any way you can try this work around.

zero access rootkit modifies the ACL and scanning tools/ antivirus fails to get permissions to remove the infections. so here is the work around that you can try

for Xp systems

Run subinACL. This will modify the registry permissions and Acces Control List.

The same can be downloaded from the following link runsub.notlong.com

After running this tool , please do a restart.

Then download and run the Webroot Antizero access tool from the following link

http://anywhere.webrootcloudav.com/antizeroaccess.exe

Follow the prompts and reboot the PC.

After that please run  Tdss killer (http://support.kaspersky.com/downloads/utils/tdsskiller.exe) and reply with the scan log.

Thanks ,
Good k@rma

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 05:51:21 PM »
I came back later that night and found that the computer had developed a host of other problems and could not even access the internet at all.

Hi,

Sorry we didnt noticed this in first hand. The reason might be due to the corruption of the IP stack driver files. Just check to go online from safemode or by using hh browzer. Most probably those wont work. So what we suggest is, a complete reinstallation of the Operating System and all the softwares in it. Make sure that you take the backup of all the important data in your computer.

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma!

BuckMulligan

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2011, 05:42:01 AM »
I noticed Avast is not on (and will not turn on or update) in safe mode with networking. Is this normal? It works fine in normal boot. XP SP3

My problem is this, and I think it may be related to this topic:

I had a nasty virus that took over my computer. It infected Java (Java agents ZW, ZX, ZY, ZZ, DJ, and variants of Jade) as well as other (Win32-Renosa-J, FakeAlert-BLQ, Konar, Lukicsel-E). I followed steps to remove it, and everything seems fine except...

I am unable to log into Administrator - except in safe mode. The other profile "MAIN" has admin privileges, but in a normal boot I am never offered another profile to log into. I try "switch users," and only MAIN is offered. When I log into Administrator in safe mode with networking, Avast is turned off and won't turn on. Is it normal for Avast to turn off in safe mode? If not, then I assume the Administrator profile has been hijacked. Anyway, I wasn't able to load updates, but I ran a full scan anyway. Nothing came up, but not all files could be scanned.

Avast and Malwarebytes are currently running clean on the MAIN profile in normal boot.

Any help would be appreciated.

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2011, 06:32:11 AM »
I noticed Avast is not on (and will not turn on or update) in safe mode with networking. Is this normal? It works fine in normal boot. XP SP3

My problem is this, and I think it may be related to this topic:

I had a nasty virus that took over my computer. It infected Java (Java agents ZW, ZX, ZY, ZZ, DJ, and variants of Jade) as well as other (Win32-Renosa-J, FakeAlert-BLQ, Konar, Lukicsel-E). I followed steps to remove it, and everything seems fine except...

I am unable to log into Administrator - except in safe mode. The other profile "MAIN" has admin privileges, but in a normal boot I am never offered another profile to log into. I try "switch users," and only MAIN is offered. When I log into Administrator in safe mode with networking, Avast is turned off and won't turn on. Is it normal for Avast to turn off in safe mode? If not, then I assume the Administrator profile has been hijacked. Anyway, I wasn't able to load updates, but I ran a full scan anyway. Nothing came up, but not all files could be scanned.

Avast and Malwarebytes are currently running clean on the MAIN profile in normal boot.

Any help would be appreciated.
No avast doesn't work when your in safe mode which is the whole point of safe mode so that most system services are disabled.

BuckMulligan

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2011, 06:58:38 AM »
Thanks, that's a relief.

Off topic: Any idea why I can't log into/switch to Administrator in normal boot, but I can in Safe Mode?

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2011, 07:02:09 AM »
Thanks, that's a relief.

Off topic: Any idea why I can't log into/switch to Administrator in normal boot, but I can in Safe Mode?
No idea, one of the other members should pop in before too long with some ideas for you hopefully