Author Topic: some typos in German translation (home 4.5.523 and newer versions)  (Read 11211 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:some typos in German translation (home 4.5.523 and newer versions)
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2005, 10:24:11 AM »
The original (English) text is "Default extension set" (i.e. a pre-set group of "standard" extensions).

zivilist

« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2005, 01:16:22 PM »
Then you should use: "Vorgegebene".

The word "Vorgebene" does not exists, see http://dict.leo.org/
or use "Standard-Erweiterungen".

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #17 on: January 03, 2005, 01:21:22 PM »
or use
Standard-Verlängerungen
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

CleanaZ

Re: some typos in German translation (home 4.5.523 and newer versions)
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2005, 06:04:03 AM »
Hi,

i'm a new user of avast!4 and the first impressions are really good. But i think there should be a german help as fast as possible - thus i volunteer for translating the english help to german language.
If you are interested please tell me (mail or personal message) how to do resp. give me a small tutorial on how to do it.

Because i had bot enough time to test the program intensively i only have two questions for now: how can i do a scan FOR ONLY REPORTING (FOUND) viruses WITHOUT moving infected files to the chest or a folder - i only want to get a report after scanning ?? (at best while doing a Silent Scan over night thus i don't have to interact and no files are deleted or moved !)

And at setup of avast!4 i decided to do a scan after next rebooting - and at this there have been found some viruses and i moved all with "Option 3" to the special folder  " ..\Data\Moved " - but now there are two problems with that:
1. There's no dialog in avast!4 - Center (at least i don't find something) to show the content of that folder and for operating with that moved files like in the "virus chest" - please tell me how to show this folder content in the AV-Center or if not build in yet please do so.
2. And if i open in windows explorer the drive/folder with the " ..\data\moved " - folder whereto some infected files had been moved i get for every infected file a avast!4-dialog of what i wish to do - and i can't stop it because by closing the dialog window i immediately get the dialog again for the next infected file. The only way to stop that is to jump in the windows explorer, lying  behind the dialog,  to another directory. So please add a button/function to the Popup-UserDialog to stop scanning at once (and not going to scan next file in the folder!)
Plus: please add (generally) a selection (button/checkbox etc.) to all this user interaction dialogs with the following actions (in addition to the actions of the existing buttons in the dialog):
- perform chosen action for all files in folder
- perform chosen action for all files in folder ans subfolders
- perform chosen action for all files found on the whole scan
and an extra button
- only report infected files (with a link besides the button to open the configuration-dialog for "reports" thus one can change the recorded data in report directly before the scan)

Hope you understand what i've meant - please tell if you can take that into account for the next (beta)version.

thanks

P.S: And tell me if you want me to help translating the avast!4-help into german.

-------------

Sorry for the big picture - i thought the pictures will automatically be set to the appropiate size of the sidebar. I will reduce it's size for future :-)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 06:08:52 AM by CleanaZ »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2005, 06:17:17 AM »
Please reduce the size of your avatar. It really is too large (forum policy)

If you are interested please tell me (mail or personal message) how to do resp. give me a small tutorial on how to do it.
Igor is the one that handles the translations. He can tell you all about it.

how can i do a scan FOR ONLY REPORTING (FOUND) viruses WITHOUT moving infected files to the chest or a folder - i only want to get a report after scanning ??
When the first virus is found, put a checkmark in front of "Don't show this dialog next time" and click on continue.

at best while doing a Silent Scan over night thus i don't have to interact and no files are deleted or moved !
If I am correct, you can only do this in the Pro version. It has more options for customizing on what to do during a scan than the Home version and it also has shedule options.

2. And if i open in windows explorer the drive/folder with the.....
You can add the 'moved' folder to the exclusion list.

- only report infected files (with a link besides the button to open the configuration-dialog for "reports" thus one can change the recorded data in report directly before the scan)
The logging/report options already have this option.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2005, 04:59:25 PM »
1. There's no dialog in avast!4 - Center (at least i don't find something) to show the content of that folder and for operating with that moved files like in the "virus chest" - please tell me how to show this folder content in the AV-Center or if not build in yet please do so.

Is is really not possible, and I don't think it will be. If you want these features, simply move the files to Chest. Honestly, this "Move" action is rather useless and causing mostly troubles (as you described) - it might be the best thing simply to remove this feature from avast!.

2. And if i open in windows explorer the drive/folder with the " ..\data\moved " - folder whereto some infected files had been moved i get for every infected file a avast!4-dialog of what i wish to do - and i can't stop it because by closing the dialog window i immediately get the dialog again for the next infected file. The only way to stop that is to jump in the windows explorer, lying  behind the dialog,  to another directory. So please add a button/function to the Popup-UserDialog to stop scanning at once (and not going to scan next file in the folder!)

That's probably because Explorer is "touching" these files, so that the on-access protection detects access to the infected files. It is certainly not a good idea to stop the scanning of the on-access protection; if you really want that, you can turn the provider off from the avast! On-Access Scanner control panel, or put the folder to the list of avast! exlusions (in the Standard Shield settings), as Eddy suggested.