Author Topic: Can't Send E-Mails  (Read 39364 times)

BlackSheik

Can't Send E-Mails
« on: November 15, 2004, 04:51:49 PM »
Hi at all :)

At first,excuse my bad english.

I have a problem with avast after the last update.I can receive E.Mails but i can't send.
I use the Thunderbird E-Mail client.
I have changed the settings in TB back to original but i can't send E-Mails.What i have to do ?

Heeeeeeeelp!!![/size]

Greetz
BlackSheik

dilbert_38

Re:Can't Send E-Mails
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 05:07:23 PM »
 ;D

Excuse my bad English too.

I have the same problem: after the last update (4.5.523) I can´t send e-mail. If I disable shield I can!

I have two PCs. One with XP SP2 that works 100%, but in one with W98 fully update NO. In both PC I use IE6SP1 fully updated.

I was reading last info in site and based on information that W2000, XP, etc do not need more this shield, I think this problem could be on the update !?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 05:10:18 PM by dilbert_38 »

holgerkaengu

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 05:36:05 PM »
I experience the same problems with Pegasus 4.21c only small mails come through (smaller than 10kb) if they are larger it shows connected to ip xxx but nothing happens. I tried 127.0.01 as well as normal configuration with pop.provider.com but the same error as you mention occurs. Chek whether small mails come through (receiving and sending) I think this happens only with larger mails. Seems that there is a problem with handeling them.  Any suggestions? See also my Pegasus Mail thread

Bye

dilbert_38

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 08:34:56 PM »
Well,

Here the problem happens with any size of e-mail´s.
The exactly error reported is:

Servidor: '127.0.0.1', Protocolo: SMTP, Resposta do servidor: '553 sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts (#5.7.1)', Porta: 25, Segura (SSL): Não, Erro do servidor: 553, Nº do erro: 0x800CCC79

Remembering that this is using W98/OE with e-mail shield on. When disabling this shield all e-mail´s are send well.

Any ideias ??

Dilbert

robbo

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 08:38:57 PM »
I'm having the same problems - and am using Thunderbird as well. Does your Ashmaisv.exe (the icon that shows in the toolbar when your mail is being scanned) stay on after you close Thunderbird?

wanchan

« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2004, 08:41:56 PM »
Did you check this Help file at, http://www.avast.com/eng/email_problems.html ?

Q: After updating to version 4.5 I can no longer send/receive emails.

A: The following text applies to Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 systems only.

Mail scanning in avast 4.5 is implemented differently than in previous versions. In avast 4.5, mail filtering works transparently. That is, no reconfiguration of mail clients of any kind is required for the mail scanning function to work.

If you have, in the past, manually reconfigured your e-mail client program to route all traffic through the avast! Internet Mail provider (by changing the server addresses to 127.0.0.1 and the username value - as described in the avast help files), you should remove these extra settings (i.e. revert them to the original state; in other words, have the accounts set up exactly as if there was no avast installed). This will allow the avast transparent mail proxy to be used.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 08:42:42 PM by wanchan »

robbo

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2004, 08:46:26 PM »
Did you check this Help file at, http://www.avast.com/eng/email_problems.html ?

Already done in my case, the problem still persists. Also if you look at the other posts, everyone else has already switched them back as well.

wanchan

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2004, 08:50:33 PM »
Mine was set up as the official Help suggets, sending/receiving/scanning with no single problem.

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2004, 10:09:10 PM »
Are you guys using a firewall? Is the ashMaiSv.exe process given all necessary access to the mail server?

dilbert_38, do you have your email client (Outlook Express?) set up correctly? The error message indicates that the mail server doesn't want to relay your outgoing emails to other hosts (i.e. work as an "open relay"). This usually happens when you fail to specify to use SMTP authorization in OE...

Cheers
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

BlackSheik

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2004, 11:07:31 PM »
 :) Hi Vlk

Are you guys using a firewall?
Yes I do ::)
Is the ashMaiSv.exe process given all necessary access to the mail server?
Yes  ;)  I think its a problem of Avast.  :'(
If I disable the shield of avast I can send E-Mail. If the shield run  No E-Mail go out. But I can receive Mails.
I use Thunderbird E-Mail
Securepoint Personal Firewall
Windows XP SP2

This problems began after the last update.
And yes ;D  I restore all the settings to Original.

Greetz
BlackSheik
« Last Edit: November 15, 2004, 11:16:48 PM by BlackSheik »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2004, 01:12:19 AM »
I use Thunderbird E-Mail

Me too... I have no problems with TB.
Can you delete your firewall configurations to see if it works?
Are you using in TB the same configurations as avast does not even exist?
The best things in life are free.

robbo

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2004, 01:24:04 AM »
Make sure that your firewalls are set to allow Ashmaisv.exe to access the net. Sounds daft as it worked before the update, but it's what was causing my difficulties and once fixed my e-mial worked like a charm.

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2004, 01:58:12 AM »
:) Hi Vlk

Are you guys using a firewall?
Yes I do ::)
Is the ashMaiSv.exe process given all necessary access to the mail server?
Yes  ;)  I think its a problem of Avast.  :'(
If I disable the shield of avast I can send E-Mail. If the shield run  No E-Mail go out. But I can receive Mails.

It's a problem with your firewall not giving access to ashMaiSv.exe, not avast! problem. All others fixed their problems by giving access to mentioned service in their firewall. You should do that to. Open your firewall properties, find application section and give that service (ashMaiSv.exe) full access.

I'm sure you will be able to send and receive your e-mails...

And by the way, don't disable avast! mail protection... you don't wanna leave your mails unprotected !  ;)
Cheers !
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 01:59:38 AM by S.Z.C »

BlackSheik

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2004, 04:17:27 AM »
Hi   S.Z.C

It's a problem with your firewall not giving access to ashMaiSv.exe, not avast! problem.

I can't  Sent Mail with this loveley Avast  !!!

I try it without Firewall but this F.....  Avast don't sent my Mails. >:(
I can only receive and nothing more.

IT IS A PROBLEM FROM AVAST !!!!!!!!!!!![/u]
Hmpffff
BlackSheik
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:22:44 AM by BlackSheik »

S.Z.Craftec

« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2004, 04:24:48 AM »
Hi   S.Z.C

It's a problem with your firewall not giving access to ashMaiSv.exe, not avast! problem.

I can't  Sent Mail with this loveley Avast  !!!

I try it without Firewall but this F.....  Avast don't sent my Mails. >:(
I can only receive and nothing more.

Hmpffff
BlackSheik

Don't use these words in these forums. We are not here to curse and you could really watch your language. If someone is trying to help you and spending his precious time on your problem, you should appreciate it. And stop using capital letters in forums 'cause it means you are yelling at someone. You don't have rights to come here and yell. Many were bashed because of even smaller things... you are using avast! home edition which is btw freeware, so you better appreciate help that is provided to you for free, or you won't get any in the future... just look at other people's posts... they're also experiencing some problems, but they are calm and patient... I promise you'll get your help sooner or later, but calm down a little bit...  ;)

I just told you. It's not problem your avast!, it's problem your firewall which is not allowing avast! to work normally... or some settings needs to be set in Thunderbird. What are your smtp and pop3 server names in Thunderbird ?

First properly set your firewall and then see what happens. Try shutting down that firewall and then try to use mail send/receive...
« Last Edit: November 16, 2004, 04:41:14 AM by S.Z.C »