Author Topic: Newest version TOO Intrusive  (Read 2883 times)

serloren

Newest version TOO Intrusive
« on: October 30, 2011, 02:00:23 PM »
The last two days, EVERY single time I log on to a PC, I get a pop-up advertisement from Avast (some of which also open web browser pop-up advertisements). "Free" version or not, if this isn't changed in the next few days, I am not only gone as a user, but I will no longer suggest Avast to friends, family, or clients. There are suitable competitors I can direct clients to.

spg SCOTT

Re: Newest version TOO Intrusive
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2011, 02:04:12 PM »
Hi serloren, welcome to the forum :)

Every time you log into the pc?

That is interesting. Could you provide us with a screenshot of the ad?

Normally they don't show that often, and the only one that I can remember being consistent is when your free registration is running out and it is reminding you to re-register (free) but I can't remember exactly what that looks like either.

There is also an ad currently for the password manager, but I believe that is only to be shown once.

Scott

ady4um

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2011, 03:48:23 PM »
Use http://www.avast.com/en-us/registration-free-antivirus.php to type in the same email address you used before.

Then check your incoming emails (or your junk folder) for your new registration. Add your new registration to Avast -> maintenance -> registration.

Please report back

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2011, 11:08:49 PM »
I am wondering if this is what you mean...http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=87489.msg702669#msg702669

If this is it don't worry it's a one time thing.
The pop-up that happens the most is a definition up-date.

If you could do as spg Scott suggested please post a screen shot. That way we know what we are dealing with. I am not one to jump to conclusions and neither is spg Scott.  :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 11:12:32 PM by Para-Noid »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

sean.daj

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 04:35:00 AM »
I didn't experience these ads yet, can you share the screenshot please  ;D