Author Topic: avast 6.0.1289 blue screen  (Read 3224 times)

vikrant1982

avast 6.0.1289 blue screen
« on: October 28, 2011, 10:13:41 PM »
Hi, i have a samsung laptop running windows xp sp3. I had the latest version of avast(6.0.1289) installed on my machine. A few days back i started having ocassional BSODs on my machine, sometimes while shutting down the system and sometimes while surfing the internet.

The crash wasn't taking dump of physical memory so i had no way to tell what was causing it. I installed the latest drivers for my laptop but it didn't resolve the problem.

Then i thought of running "verifier.exe" through run command to see if any non microsoft drivers had problem. Driver verification caught the conflict and threw a bsod. I checked the mini dump and it showed that the driver "aswSnx.exe" had a conflict.

For now i have uninstalled avast and have installed MS security essentials but i would really like to be able to install avast again without any bugs in it. Please find attached the copy of mini dump.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
Re: avast 6.0.1289 blue screen
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 11:49:02 PM »
@vikrant1982, please compress (rar/zip) a couple of the latest minidump files (\Windows\Minidump folder) and send it to kurtin@avast.com

Thanks.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 11:51:30 PM »
Hi

We need to have more info on this issue. Please update us with the version of avast!. Like whether it Free, Pro or Internet Security.
   Please take most recent .mdmp files from C:\Windows\mindunp and Memory.dmp file from C:\Windows and upload it to the ftp site
   http://ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming/

Make sure that you dont have any other security softwares in the computer.

Have a wonderful day. Good k@rma!

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 12:15:16 AM »
iYogisolutions1 :)

PK ( = Petr Kurtin ) is the Avast! Developer responsible for the drivers, and it is easier for him when the minidump files are emailed directly to him. Beleve me ( or not ) but he can handle this  ;)

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

vikrant1982

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2011, 04:17:57 PM »
Hi everyone,

Got all my dumps wiped off as a result of running ccleaner.

The previously posted file is the only dump file i have right now.

Will install avast again and see when i get the blue screen again.

I am using avast free version 6.0.1289