Author Topic: avast problem with original license  (Read 7468 times)

wopwop

avast problem with original license
« on: October 31, 2011, 03:48:11 PM »
Hello,
Sorry but my english is not good, be patient, please:

- I had an official license from avast.
- Expired.
- I paid and I renewed the license
- But now avast tells me that the license has expired with the new license, but it says my subscription is up to 2013.

- in the avast website, I have re-submit a new license with my user, and I also uninstalled and reinstalled avast, but the problem is the same.

- In short: my computer is not protected. and I have paid the license of the program.

- What I can do?

- thank you
- regards
« Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 03:50:55 PM by wopwop »

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: avast problem with original license
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2011, 04:15:42 PM »
Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

Check your system date and ensure that the month/year are correct and adjust as required.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

wopwop

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2011, 04:40:03 PM »
Thank you very much for the answer,

I've done what you said me, but can not be repaired because I get an error, and then gives me the option to uninstall directly.

The error I get when I give a repair is this:
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/5859/avasterror.jpg

Thanks for your time

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2011, 04:59:14 PM »
I think your best option now is to do a reinstall,download a fresh copy of avast and save then uninstall avast via remove programs and reboot, delet the two leftover files in c\programs and c\program data then reinstall your saved copy of avast.

wpn

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 10:38:13 AM »
use the avast uninstall utility http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility to this removes all of avast things on the computer and then reinstall the software and use the new key

if the problem persists then you have to contact sales @t avast dot com (remove the spaces, replace dot for . and remove the t after the @)

Collinshopson

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 05:03:34 PM »
Hey, I am having same problems as other guy, my subscription is active for another year but in Avast it says subscription Active 0 days left and my Avast is turned off.  I had them resend me the license- followed instructions - did not work.  I check the Repair in Uninstall programs - message is error processing package Pleas use full update. 
When I try to reinstall license from subscription - message I get is unable locate license file. The system cannot find the path.
Call support and of course got Yogi who will not help unless you buy $169 year support.  Help