Author Topic: WebRep Avast 6, Firefox 7 and Google Plus: minor bug  (Read 4486 times)

Spulci

WebRep Avast 6, Firefox 7 and Google Plus: minor bug
« on: October 17, 2011, 09:23:12 AM »
Hallo,

every time I share a post on Google+ social network, Avast add a few blank lines to my post ending with "WebRep" and something more i can't remember at the moment. Editing the post to delete that lines fixes the issue.
Could you please investigate a little more? It seems a problem related to WebRep plugin. I'm usign latest version of AIS 6.0.1289 and Firefox 7.0.1.

Offline mikaelrask

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: WebRep Avast 6, Firefox 7 and Google Plus: minor bug
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 12:50:14 PM »
welcome to the forum. you could simple just remove avast webrep through avast. from the browser you using. start up avast and go to additional security  click webrep and uninstall the webrep from your webbrowser. and check if that would help you.
Windows 8.1 amd a10-5700 64 bit
12 GB ram 1 tb hard drive. Avast 18, MBAM

Spulci

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 01:20:13 PM »
welcome to the forum. you could simple just remove avast webrep through avast. from the browser you using. start up avast and go to additional security  click webrep and uninstall the webrep from your webbrowser. and check if that would help you.

I really don't want to remove WebRep...it's useful. I prefer to see that bug fixed soon :D

Btw thanks for your hint.

YoKenny

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2011, 02:28:43 PM »
Absolutly no problem when using IE with Google+ for me.

NiveusLuna

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 06:51:56 PM »
The bug appears to have been fixed. Test link performed on Windows 7 64-bit with all patches applied. Firefox 7.0.1 is also running AdBlock Plus and NoScript, though neither indicated that anything had been blocked on Google+.

Spulci

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 07:57:45 PM »
The bug appears to have been fixed. Test link performed on Windows 7 64-bit with all patches applied. Firefox 7.0.1 is also running AdBlock Plus and NoScript, though neither indicated that anything had been blocked on Google+.

I hope so; i'll test a little but the bug was there yesterday. It's random so I can't reproduce every time I share a post on Google+.

Spulci

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 09:32:56 PM »
No...the bug is still here! It has been not fixed as you can see in the image below: "WebRep Overall Rating"

(screenshot lacks of some pieces for privacy reasons)

alpha1

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 12:19:43 AM »

I really don't want to remove WebRep...it's useful. I prefer to see that bug fixed soon :D

Btw thanks for your hint.

you could at least try to uninstall or disable webrep -temporarily- to se if it is actually the culprit.

Spulci

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2011, 08:15:44 PM »
you could at least try to uninstall or disable webrep -temporarily- to se if it is actually the culprit.
I've unistalled webrep...issue disappeared.

Spulci

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 08:03:45 PM »
I'm opening a support ticket to notify that bug to Avast Developers.