Author Topic: CAUSING BLUESCREEN OF DEATH!  (Read 7920 times)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: CAUSING BLUESCREEN OF DEATH!
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2011, 02:50:17 PM »
If a bluescreen occurs, a minidump file should be created in C:\Windows\Minidump folder. Please upload that file to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming, that should contain more information about what happened.

Also, this is a public forum, so I'd kindly ask you to refrain from offensive language - that won't be tolerated here.
Thanks.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2011, 02:53:20 PM »
2. I used McAfee before Avast which was working fine in the trial mode until I was tricked into buying the full "swearing" license.

Use their uninstall tool.
http://thewebatom.net/uninstallers/security-software/
Maybe also a clean reinstall of avast will be required.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2011, 04:19:27 AM »

Hi,

As ASYN said ,Make sure that you have removed MCAFEE completely from the computer. You can use the removal tool of McAfee from the following link.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

Once you remove McAfee you need to reboot the machine.

Then download the latest version of avast and reinstall it again. This time the issue will be fixed.

Hope you are happy with avast! Have a wonderful day Good k@rma!

se7enshot

« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2011, 01:30:41 PM »
I Downloaded directly from my paid avast account. This file setup_ais.exe is causing my system to crash!

I placed this: q5_mike_at_yahoo_dot_com_MEMORY.DMP on your FTP incoming folder.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 01:33:33 PM by se7enshot »

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
I Downloaded directly from my paid avast account. This file setup_ais.exe is causing my system to crash!

Did you run the uninstaller for McAfee yet..??
You can get the latest installer for AIS here: http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2011, 01:44:44 PM »
I'm afraid I don't see any such upload on the FTP...

se7enshot

« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2011, 04:31:52 PM »
This software sucks! I wonder why its so popular by the millions? what a joke! Obviously I used McAfee uninstaller. Consolidate your installers, there's probably a dozen download links that even your developers get confused which DL URL is final. Download here download there, from email, from website, from avast account ... wtf! and why am I being pointed to a iavs5x folder, setup_ais.exe is suppose to be release 6.0, I freaking bought a version 6!
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 04:37:29 PM by se7enshot »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2011, 04:55:05 PM »
The folder name has no bearing on version the setup_ais.exe file will be the latest version.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ady4um

« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2011, 04:57:46 PM »
You are correct. You shouldn't be confused with anything. Please do NOT follow the links (even when I know they are correct for the current latest Avast editions).

Simply go to the official download web page, download the trial version of the same Avast edition you know you purchased. By selecting it by yourself (instead of some link in some email or some post) you should be certain to follow your own eyes.

Install that trial version and then reboot. Try that version for several days. Once everything works correctly, go to the original email with the license code and use it to validate your Avast installation (so to transform it from trial to registered).

After that, reboot and keep testing for several days.

At any step you find something not clear, please consult by yourself the support pages of the official site of Avast. There are many knowledgebase articles, about the license, about the removal utility, about other more technical issues and even about sales.

You may use the help included in Avast too.

Only after checking all those simple sources of information, you might want to come back to ask again, so experienced users may help you with many questions that you might not have found an answer to yet.

Nesivos

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2011, 05:08:00 PM »
This software sucks! I wonder why its so popular by the millions? what a joke! Obviously I used McAfee uninstaller. Consolidate your installers, there's probably a dozen download links that even your developers get confused which DL URL is final. Download here download there, from email, from website, from avast account ... wtf! and why am I being pointed to a iavs5x folder, setup_ais.exe is suppose to be release 6.0, I freaking bought a version 6!

I used McAfee for years until I got smart.  McAfee leaves all kinds of junk in your registry even after running their uninstaller. 

You might need to use "Regedit" to clean your registry manually of all the McAfee left over junk that their uninstaller didn't remove. 

Try using Windows "Last Known Good Configuration" to get your computer up and running correctly.

Avast makes great stuff. :)