Author Topic: problem after virus database update  (Read 3190 times)

baken

problem after virus database update
« on: November 01, 2011, 04:36:46 AM »
tonight when i started my pc avast updated to virus definition 111031-1 and gave me no error .
then after 1 hour i downloaded a video and scan it with avast and noticed that the file size was 0.0g and 0 file scan.
so i restart my pc and when i get to my desktop it take 5 minute to load and avast say nothing is working i restart again same thing , so i uninstall avast and restart and my pc start normaly
i reinstall avast update to the latest version and restart and now its all working normaly and now i have virus definition 111101-0 and the time it came out was a few minute before i updated the first time and got 111031-1 virus definition.
i did a scan after and avast found nothing.

is it posible that the update was corupt because i updated at the same time as the update was release ? or is it someting else.

« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 05:18:30 AM by baken »

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
Re: problem after virus database update
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 02:43:56 PM »
Hi baken, welcome to the forum :)

You are not the only one who reports a possible problem with the 111031-1 VPS update. So yes, most likely there was something wrong with that VPS update.

Greetz, Red.
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

baken

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:24:54 AM »
thanks i was afraid i was infected!

hawgdrvr

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 01:21:20 AM »
Can't download the latest update.  Error message says I don't have enough space to download the update.  I have over 6 GB of available space.

alpha1

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:28:29 AM »
Can't download the latest update.  Error message says I don't have enough space to download the update.  I have over 6 GB of available space.
this might need its own thread.