Author Topic: Yellow triangle on network icon  (Read 6816 times)

jamjar

Yellow triangle on network icon
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:01:00 AM »
Hi

Sometimes but not often a yellow triangle with an exclamation mark appears on the network icon in the notification area. I then have no internet access although all LED lights are lit on my router (wired Ethernet connection).   

The only way I've found to clear it is to turn off/on my pc and router.

I've read recent users' posts on this and a suggestion that checking Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only in Web Shield Settings might resolve the issue. Presumably that reduces protection though.

Any further advice on this would be appreciated. 

ady4um

Re: Yellow triangle on network icon
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 11:33:34 AM »
Some users have simply waited a couple of minutes and the tray icon restores itself.

Some users reported that the "problem" is only on the icon, but all actual functionalities / functions / features / connections are working correctly.

Other users change:
Avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> "load Avast service only after other system services".

Other users manually included delays in Avast settings (ini files) to delay the definitions update when rebooting.

And, of course, other users found that the problem is not really related to Avast.

YoKenny

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »
Other users change:
Avast main GUI -> settings -> troubleshooting -> "load Avast service only after other system services".
That should not be necessary on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

ady4um

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 04:35:23 PM »
Other users change:

@YoKenny,

and you are basing your statement on...? I didn't even mention something about a specific case, or OS, or any specific conditions whatsoever.

I just mentioned several different paths that some users have been taking when something like what the OP sees was described in different topics.

The reasons and circumstances, OS, drivers, type of connection(s)... might be completely different.

So, whether your statement is somehow correct or not (and I haven't read anything from Avast Software that would confirm nor deny it), has nothing to do with my post.

@jamjar,

My apologies for this OT.

Iceni

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 06:16:45 PM »
I got fed up with the problem and went back to version 6.0.1203 - problem solved:-(

Offline =SKY=

• Super Poster
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:03:27 PM »
Other users change:
+1  ;)
Win11 Home [x64] 23H2 @ Windows Defender | FF ESR |
My oldest darling: W2k Pro SP4 & UR1 @ avast! Free Antivirus 8.0.1497 | Palemoon & K-Meleon [BOTH MODIFIED for W2k] |

DBone

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 08:09:42 PM »
I had this issue too, however it is gone now, since I only installed avast!'s file shield on my clean OS install. I use Sandboxie Paid as my first line of defense while online, so for me, I only need the file shield. I don't recommend to anyone else to just install the file shield, unless you have additional protection................Back on topic, it seems to me that either / both the web shield or network shield is the cause of the yellow ! on the tray icon.