Author Topic: IYOGI "NO" SUPPORT  (Read 3354 times)

crsaj

IYOGI "NO" SUPPORT
« on: November 02, 2011, 08:24:49 PM »
If you have ever called Avast for technical support you were automatically transferred to a company called Iyogi.  This is not free support as advertised but a deadly marketing scheme in an attempt to secure subscriptions for technical support.  When you call you must endure a continuous monologue trying to get you to subscribe with the threat that by not doing so your computer may crash and become inoperable any minute.  The first thing they do with a low tech savvy consumer is to request permission to take over your computer in or to analyze your problem.  Consequently, after running through your registry they report that you have thousands of errors and problems that they would be happy to fix for a price.  Now that they have you by the large ones you have to make a decision or you could lose everything.  They make you feel as though you really have no choice but to buy in to their program. I can't wait for my anti virus subscription to expire so I can sign on with another company.  I'm not on the FREE Internet Security but the paid one.  This is a terrible way to build confidence in the consumer and provide support as marketed.  Call the Avast technical support line first before signing up and find out for yourself.  Has anyone else experienced this "non support" through Iyogi?

ady4um

Re: IYOGI "NO" SUPPORT
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 08:50:53 PM »
Besides your bad experience, do you still have the original problem?

Can we (other Avast users just like you) be of any help?

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 08:58:21 PM »
- Adam Riley, riley (at) avast (dot) com Avast Third-party Support Manager, has requested info about iYogi, so if you have time to recount your experience (copy and paste your post, etc.), give the link to this topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Adam Riley

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 09:02:34 AM »
If you have ever called Avast for technical support you were automatically transferred to a company called Iyogi.  This is not free support as advertised but a deadly marketing scheme in an attempt to secure subscriptions for technical support.  When you call you must endure a continuous monologue trying to get you to subscribe with the threat that by not doing so your computer may crash and become inoperable any minute.  The first thing they do with a low tech savvy consumer is to request permission to take over your computer in or to analyze your problem.  Consequently, after running through your registry they report that you have thousands of errors and problems that they would be happy to fix for a price.  Now that they have you by the large ones you have to make a decision or you could lose everything.  They make you feel as though you really have no choice but to buy in to their program. I can't wait for my anti virus subscription to expire so I can sign on with another company.  I'm not on the FREE Internet Security but the paid one.  This is a terrible way to build confidence in the consumer and provide support as marketed.  Call the Avast technical support line first before signing up and find out for yourself.  Has anyone else experienced this "non support" through Iyogi?

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to post on our forum; we do appreciate your feedback and value each opinion we receive regarding our business.
Our support call center is ran in partnership with iYogi as you doubtlessly know; they offer totally free support for installation, inserting the license and very basic troubleshooting (as listed on the banner here (avast.com/support), however beyond this, for example if your computer is crashed or has serious problems they can offer you their full support service.  This service covers your computer for a whole year (or they offer 2/3 years too) for any problems you may encounter - during the subscription period you can call as many times as needed for any of your computer related issues.
This service is of course is fully optional and is simply offered as an extra service rather than customers having to go to a computer repair shop when there are more serious problems.

That said, from your explanation it appears that process may not have been followed correctly on this ocassion, and therefore I would please ask that you send me any reference number you have from your call (riley (at) avast (dot) com) and I will gather the call logs and find out what happened here.

Finally, if you are still having an issue with your Avast software please do let me know the details of that in the email also and I will personally take ownership of the problem and work with you to solve it.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,
Adam Riley
avast! Third Party Support Manager

gmenrule

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 02:32:13 AM »
i got an upsell from iyogi too when i hd problems re-registering the free anti-virus.  for whatever reason, i could not select the free one. they said they could fiz the issue but ahve to take over my computer.  like an idiot i said ok, they told me that my computer is running too many processes, has too many temp files stored on it (would not tell me how to remove these my self), that updates have stopped on a lot of my programs and that there were too many error messages.  i told them to call me back in a week(which has already went by).  i'm very skeptical.  i was able to re-register for free with no problems today.  of course, my computer now does not read my cd-rom drive.  i just have a bad feeling and wonder if i can somehow can verify the issues he ws talking about before i spend money.  thanks for any help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:41 AM »
1. You can contact Adam Riley using his email address above.

2. Don't spend any money open a new topic in the General forum:
- Please start a New Topic of your own here http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=1.0 (click the New topic button at the top of the page see image) as this seems unrelated to the original subject and will just confuse the topic and we will try to help you with the other issues now that you have been able to re-register the free version.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.6.6121 (build 24.6.9241.848) UI 1.0.809/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security