Author Topic: Sandbox does not remember  (Read 2594 times)

HappyUser

Sandbox does not remember
« on: November 10, 2011, 08:34:59 PM »
Win7x64
Avast free 6.0.1.289

The sandbox thing does not remember when I tell it to.
I've got a game installed, I created a directory and populated it by either opening the zip and copying or using 7zip to do the same or extracting to a temp directory and then copying. I don't remember. When I try to run it, I get the avast sandbox popup -- BTW, this is getting to be a pain.
Here's what it says:
File: D:/Program FIles (x86)/voxatron_win32/vox.exe
Origin: http://files.humblebundle.com/VoxatronWindows_0.1.5.zip...  [BTW, how does it know this?]
Opened by: C:/Program Files (x86)/Start Menu 7/VSM64bitProcessing.exe

I tell avast to open normally and I check the "remember" checkbox.
Avast >does not< remember and I have to do this over and over and over and... I'm losing patience.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Sandbox does not remember
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:26 PM »
Hi

I suggest you to add the exclusion in sandbox and try to access. Please open up the Avast UI --> additional protection --> sandbox --> exclusions --> then browse the location of the GIMP executable file : D:/Program FIles (x86)/voxatron_win32/vox.exe

and You can add that link: http://files.humblebundle.com/VoxatronWindows_0.1.5.zip...

Then try to access the game executable file vox.exe. If you face that issue still please let us know.

Have a Wonderful day. Good k@rma!

HappyUser

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 10:21:12 PM »
OK, I went to Avast UI --> additional protection --> sandbox --> settings --> exclusions

I manually added D:/Program Files (x86)/voxatron_win32/vox.exe

I still get the sandbox popup

I'm not sure what you're suggesting w.r.t. the zip file; the zip's been downloaded, files extracted, and the zip archived on a backup server. What has the zip file got to do with executing a program?

I also noticed settings -> autosandbox.

I entered the same path there. Same result, I get the sandbox popup.  Now when I go back to settings -> autosandbox... maybe my memory is going, but I could swear that there were a bunch of entries for things I've told it to remember in the past... now it's completely empty! Not even the path to vox.exe that I had just entered!

If I have to go through and tell it to remember everything I've had to do in the past, then that's it. How do I turn off this thing? From my point of view it's worthless.

Gargamel360

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 11:18:00 PM »
Well, if mine failed to remember exclusions, I might get a little irked too, but mine works fine (and so it should), so I would say something is wrong with your installation, or something else is conflicting with Avast!.

HappyUser

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 12:01:57 AM »
Well, it was remembering the exceptions I >had< made in the past, but now it's empty.
The only thing that's weird is the zip file stuff. I've never seen that before, and I don't understand what-the-**** it's doing there. There is no more zip file, the contents have been extracted and installed.

Anyway, I've disabled the sandbox thing. I never used it, don't see it's purpose, don't know what the effect of using it would be, etc. Problem solved.