Author Topic: Avast fixing  (Read 15104 times)

ady4um

Re: Avast fixing
« Reply #30 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:00 PM »
WT_?  ??? >:( This is not the first time my posts are deleted!!!! >:(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 09:05:50 PM »

What did you post...???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 09:18:52 PM »

What did you post...???

Does it matter? It was not now. The wrong deletion of posts is not a one-time thing (and it has not happend just to me). My post was all technical, and nothing that would trigger any mod to even think about deleting it.

I am used to see users not reporting back, or not answering, giving the impression that we (users trying to help) are just "throwing" our precious time. But when a post is deleted, specially with no reason, really "hurts" (and please don't take this as an "emotional" reaction or alike).

There is nothing concrete I can do about it (other than stop posting). Sorry for the OT (although I am indeed still P1$$3D 0FF >:( ).

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
But when a post is deleted, specially with no reason, really "hurts" (and please don't take this as an "emotional" reaction or alike).

I understand what you mean..!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 09:56:18 PM »
ady4um, just to say it was not me ;D
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 10:08:54 PM »

What did you post...???

Does it matter? It was not now. The wrong deletion of posts is not a one-time thing (and it has not happend just to me). My post was all technical, and nothing that would trigger any mod to even think about deleting it.
<snip>

Of course it matters as content is king as they say.

For instance if you had replied to a spammer and quoted text from a spammer. Then if the spammer was banned and posts deleted then referenced to the deleted account may have been cleaned up.

I'm not saying that is what happened in this case, as obviously I'm quite familiar with this topic and I can't recall any holes in the topic or and spammer posts. So I'm not sure what happened, which is why content/context and who you were replying to might throw some light on it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ady4um

« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 10:43:06 PM »
As said, the content was technical and in no way related to some spammer, and was certainly not bad language or similar.

Most importantly, also said, there is nothing concrete that can be done now. It's not the end or the world, and I was certainly not going to receive some Nobel Prize for my writing ;). Usually I wouldn't even post such a comment (nothing to do about it). I was mostly "shocked" to find this situation.

The faster we move on (and leave the OT behind), the better. Thanks for your inputs. Let's move on (and I hope this won't stop from the main issue to keep developing forward, if needed).