Author Topic: recovering deleted folders/files  (Read 3143 times)

evans

recovering deleted folders/files
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:43:33 AM »
Iam severely saddened to discover my folders/files deleted from my flash disk. I understand they were infected. But the information contained therein is very crucial and i have no any other source. How can I recover my folders/files lost?

Is there a way AVAST free can be repairing/cleaning infections without completely deleting folders/files? PLEASE HELP otherwise I lose my job

Offline DraKuL

Re: recovering deleted folders/files
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 11:09:56 AM »
Hi Evans,

Try opening up Avast, select Maintenance, select Virus Chest and the files that it deleted (quarantined) should be there. Select and Right click the file(s) you want to restore and extract them to the required location.

Cheers!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:16:42 PM »
Wait!!! "Do not" restore until you re-scan the items while still in the chest. Once you have re-scanned the files and they come up clean then, and only then, you may safely restore them.  :)

To rescan...maintenence...virus chest...right click on file...click on scan.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline DraKuL

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »
I understand they were infected. But the information contained therein is very crucial and i have no any other source. How can I recover my folders/files lost?

PLEASE HELP otherwise I lose my job

Yes Para-Noid, you're right about it but since the OP knows the risk hes taking, (he said he can understand why they were infected) so no need to rescan :) he knows the risk hes taking.

Cheers!
ASUS ROG Mobo - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X| RAM 32.00GB | 4TB HDD +1TB SSD | ATI Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB
Windows 10 Pro 64bit |Avast One Individual | MBAM PRO - RealTime | SUPERAntiSpyware PRO |CC Cleaner | Chrome | Firefox |(The Latest Release of all the Software)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 08:44:39 PM »
I understand they were infected. But the information contained therein is very crucial and i have no any other source. How can I recover my folders/files lost?

PLEASE HELP otherwise I lose my job

Yes Para-Noid, you're right about it but since the OP knows the risk hes taking, (he said he can understand why they were infected) so no need to rescan :) he knows the risk hes taking.

Cheers!
I mentioned the re-scan especially if a def. update has occurred. If the update did take place the new definitions might scan and show the results as clean. Then it would be safe to restore the file. But if the OP wants to take the risk...have at it. I will not take responsibility for any negative results.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.