Author Topic: iyogi upsell  (Read 3422 times)

gmenrule

iyogi upsell
« on: November 04, 2011, 11:59:57 PM »
anyone else have this problem when tried to re-register for the free version.  also, iyogi told me computer has too many error messages and number of programs stopped updating.

question 1: how do i fix stuff in the error log and find otu waht they mean?
2: what does it emans when programs stop updating and how do i or do i need to even be concerned about it?

thanks

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: iyogi upsell
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 12:30:16 AM »
question 1: how do i fix stuff in the error log and find otu waht they mean?
copy and paste it here so we can see what it is

2: what does it emans when programs stop updating and how do i or do i need to even be concerned about it?
updates are often bug fixes or security updates. The last one may be of importans to not getting infected

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 12:43:52 AM »
iyogi told me computer has too many error messages

Never believe what iyogi tells you! They make their living off of the "error messages".
They use that line to boost their sales. Nothing else. They love to peek at the "event viewer" then they do a hard sell and don't let up until you hang-up.

We give out help for "free". And we "do not" need to look at your event viewer.  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

dagrev

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:47:43 AM »
The best advice in found in the forums.  I've heard some weird and flat out wrong things coming from "support."  I'm not sure it should even be called that.

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »
It's extremely rare that you should ever need to allow anyone remote access to your system, which is how iyogi works.  I've that service totally disabled -- worst case scenario, if I can't find solutions here or similar resources, I take it into the shop (who was also the OEM manufacturer).

As others have pointed out, your starting point when looking for help should always be here at the forums.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent

gmenrule

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 03:01:27 AM »
thanks. i looked at the error log and most of them were not important. the one error message i kept seeing was about my cd-rom, which does not open anymore and the computer does not read the drive.