Author Topic: Change/Edit Message Blocked Website?  (Read 8210 times)

yurikashanako

Change/Edit Message Blocked Website?
« on: November 07, 2011, 05:19:27 PM »
Is it possible to change or edit the message for the blocked website ?

e.g : "This website is blocked by avast, please contact the admin blah blah blah ... "

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Change/Edit Message Blocked Website?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 07:42:14 PM »

ady4um

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »
@Pondus,

I don't think he is asking about the specific site, but requesting a change in the GUI, about the text displayed by Avast.

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:42:05 PM »
My question would be:
What would you like it to say since the description
describes the reason for the block ???
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

spg SCOTT

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2011, 08:48:10 PM »
The page is an html file, but it seems to be passed the text (possibly from within avast)

Even if you could change it, it would probably be returned back to default by integrity checks.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2011, 08:51:40 PM »
@ yurikashanako
Since these Blocked URLs are either user based, e.g. the user or administrator blocked then if you aren't that user or Admin (even if a method is there) then you wouldn't be able to.

What environment are we talking about here, Home or Business ?
You posted in the General forum and not a forum related to the environment it is used, e.g. Avast! Business Protection forum or Avast! Free/Pro/Suite.

There is a Blocked.htm file in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\HtmlData or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\HtmlData folder depending on OS. Now that unfortunately doesn't have that boiler plate text, just a reference to %_TXT% so I don't know where that parameter is imported from I couldn't find it.

As Scott mentions even if you were able to do this it may be restored on a program update or integrity check.

@ Pondus
It isn't that it is OK or not, I think this url is just used as an example, the OP is looking for a means of changing the default text.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2011, 09:13:45 PM »
@ Pondus
It isn't that it is OK or not, I think this url is just used as an example, the OP is looking for a means of changing the default text.
Oki   ;)

yurikashanako

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 04:54:26 PM »
@ yurikashanako
Since these Blocked URLs are either user based, e.g. the user or administrator blocked then if you aren't that user or Admin (even if a method is there) then you wouldn't be able to.

What environment are we talking about here, Home or Business ?
You posted in the General forum and not a forum related to the environment it is used, e.g. Avast! Business Protection forum or Avast! Free/Pro/Suite.

There is a Blocked.htm file in the C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\HtmlData or C:\ProgramData\AVAST Software\Avast\HtmlData folder depending on OS. Now that unfortunately doesn't have that boiler plate text, just a reference to %_TXT% so I don't know where that parameter is imported from I couldn't find it.

As Scott mentions even if you were able to do this it may be restored on a program update or integrity check.

@ Pondus

Thanks David , sorry for posting on a wrong section it's my first time here.

I tried to edit the html but I got failed , lol  ;D

Access to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AVAST Software\Avast\HtmlData\Blocked.htm was denied

Case solved , this thread must be closed  8)

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 05:16:28 PM »
You're welcome.

Generally topics remain open, in the forums, they just fade away over time they drop of the chronological listings, unless retrieved on a forum search.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

yurikashanako

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 02:58:02 PM »
You're welcome.

Generally topics remain open, in the forums, they just fade away over time they drop of the chronological listings, unless retrieved on a forum search.

Sorry to bump this thread,

I want to PM you but I can't find PM ,

Could you do me favor , please send a download link or an attach file for the tone of avast the " Threat has been detected "

A download link not a pathway where avast tone located :D :D PLEASE  :P

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 04:35:08 PM »
You can't access the PM function until you have 20 posts it is one of the anti-spammer measures.

Only .txt, .log and image files can be attached (.gif/.jpg/.png) trying to change the file type to circumvent that measure is likely to corrupt the file anyway.

As for the sound, if you have deleted the file, a repair of avast should/may bring it back:
Win7/Vista - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and scroll down to Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.

EDIT: Typo.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 04:40:22 PM by DavidR »