Author Topic: AIS: Integrated TRACEROUTE not possible with firewall set to PUBLIC / HIGH RISK?  (Read 6994 times)

Timo Schmidt

Hi there,

I have a Question: Is it possible to geht results with the integrated Traceroute-Application from AIS when the AIS-Firewall is set to PUBLIC / HIGH-RISK-ZONE?

In my case I don't get any results - only one point with the IP-Adress is shown on the map (there should be a "Route" with more Points on the map when everything works ok). When setting the firewall to WORK / MIDDLE-RISK-ZONE, everything works like expected.

Is this a technical restriction or a bug?

Thanks in advance,

Timo
« Last Edit: May 10, 2010, 03:15:04 PM by Timo Schmidt »

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Hi, this is definitely a bug, I'll look into it more closely and see what can we do. Thanks for the heads up.

Timo Schmidt

Thanks for the fast answer :)

Greetings

Timo

Hermite15

I just checked, confirming for the trace route issue when zone set to "public", takes ages to load and in the end the map remains empty.

Hermite15

I'll take the opportunity here for a suggestion: could you add the "who is" and "trace route" options in the log too? ...means having to launch not running connections, but I find it useful...although may be technically undoable. Well, AvastUI can connect so...

Erroneus

This bug appears to back and it's even worse now. Traceroute doesn't even work the Home zone. When the Avast firewall is disabled, it works perfectly!

Running AIS 6.0.1203

Oh I just realized it was referring to the internal tool in AIS. I'm talking about standard tracert in Windows 7.

Hermite15

tracert (Windows) works fine here with FW set on medium (or any other mode)

Erroneus

Well it doesn't work here and also Avast thinks it's cool to block some internet sites when the firewall is on, with not warning or anything.

Sadly the quality of Avast has gone down quite a bit lately, they need to stop pumping broken components into it and focusing on making the core elements stable.

Guess I have to do a reinstall *sigh*

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
You posted in an outdated topic.
Please start a new one.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Erroneus

Nevermind, it was MBAM blocking all kind of sites which shouldn't be blocked and reinstalling Avast fixed the tracert problem. I was missing a lot of packet rules for some reason, maybe something went wrong the update from AIS5 to 6.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
AIS working just fine here.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Erroneus

Derp, cool story bro.