Author Topic: Question about Avast Internet Security and Windows Firewall  (Read 4666 times)

Somethngcreative

Question about Avast Internet Security and Windows Firewall
« on: November 07, 2011, 08:07:52 PM »
Hello,

This question has probably been asked a million times before and I've searched the forums but I could not get a true consensus. So, my question is do I need to turn off windows firewall if I have Avast Internet Security's firewall on?

I currently have both firewalls on along with Malwarebytes Pro and I do not feel any type of noticeable slowdown, however I'm concerned that having all three on at the same time causes some type of interference thus me not being able to receive the maximum amount of security.

So should I turn off windows firewall with advanced security on my windows 7?

Thanks!

Thanks!

Gargamel360

Re: Question about Avast Internet Security and Windows Firewall
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:18:42 PM »
This question has probably been asked a million times before
Not quite a million....yet ;D
So, my question is do I need to turn off windows firewall if I have Avast Internet Security's firewall on?
No.  You can leave it (Win Firewall) on or off, your choice. 

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »
Hi,

avast! Firewall is designed in such a way that, it will work with Windows Firewall. You dont need to turn off the Windows Firewall when avast! FW is running. There wont be any conflicts between both the firewalls.

Hope we answered your question.

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma! :)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 08:20:45 PM »
Logos did investigate this....and posted the result here, so if you search his post i guess you find it

if i remeber correct the conclusion was if you run XP you can leave Win firewall on but not necessary on Vista/Win7