Author Topic: ms blast w32--ad adware  (Read 9050 times)

daniel

ms blast w32--ad adware
« on: August 14, 2003, 07:44:36 AM »
 ;)try to run adaware-and you will find a folder with w32 blaster and you was just thinking avast has killed it from your computer-it has but it has not -what do you think..try running adawere with new update from this morning and you will see it still there--but after running adaware you kan completely disconnect it and move it away from your computer-and no traces left...let me know if im right...?

Offline raman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re:ms blast w32--ad adware
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 07:50:27 AM »
It will allways come back, if you do not patch your Windows. Right now you can scan your system all 3 Minutes and it will allways find the Blaster worm!;)
MfG Ralf

daniel

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2003, 07:52:51 AM »
how do i get rit of it than--?i had just scanned and find nothing at all...trying again later 1 hour  and so i will let you know..
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 07:57:48 AM by daniel »

daniel

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2003, 09:03:11 AM »
 ;Dso 1 hour later or so-and still no traces of the w32 blaster...scanned verry deep with adaware-and avast...and for the last hour i have being all over the world..just for looking for the virus attack..im running windows xp home edition.. even tryed out microsoft update because i got the virus from there...no traces so am i lucky-or do i not understand a shit about it...i hope im lucky and understanding...so what do you think..?

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2003, 09:25:50 AM »
Well, like the guys said: to get rid of the virus, it is absolutely necessary to have Windows patched.

The patch can be applied either by using the Windows Update feature, or by manually downloading and running it from the following page:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-026.asp

(following the "Windows XP 32-bit edition" link in the Patch Availability section on this page).

Without this patch applied it's just a matter of time when the worm comes back.

Vlk
« Last Edit: August 14, 2003, 09:26:34 AM by Vlk »
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

daniel

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2003, 09:35:00 AM »
so im lucky for i got the patch.thank you for replying..may the rest of the people who has the problem be lucky as well--but in the first place ive got it from microsoft update...the virus...bye bye..

whocares

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2003, 03:17:38 PM »
but in the first place ive got it from microsoft update...the virus...bye bye..
you didn't
 ::)

you got it maybe at the same time as you conected to MSUpdate, but not from, there..

These days, blaster comes onto your (unpatched) PC almost as soon as you open an inetconnection

daniel

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2003, 03:32:35 PM »
sorry havent seen it since i was there--ok-- :D
im sorry it seems like people are scared for this virus-i can only say-the problems start with microsoft-look how many updates we got
this year alone..security-security-and still it will never bee secured from hackerwackers and others who just seem too like making troubles for the rest of the world who just want to surf secured and safely around the net...thank for antivirus-firewalls-and the rest of those who cares about us...seems those idiots thats makes programs as blaster.trojans.worms-dont get sex-food-beer-and a life other than
make life dificult for the rest of the world...

robertbj

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2003, 08:08:59 PM »
Daniel:
The reason so many problems start with Microsoft software is because they're the biggest target - 95% of the market. If someone wants to make trouble, they go for the big fish, not the other 5% of the market, so that's where all their energy is devoted.
robt

daniel

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2003, 08:55:10 PM »
 :D yah big and in trouble-microsoft update in denmark are out or someone have shut it down-try to look for me i cant get them i i can only update from there because language-my computer do not accept from other places..bullshit im gonna sell it and change to another system.suggestions whats best---? 8) :D