Author Topic: Problem with avast! Internet Security desktop gadget!  (Read 3108 times)

jpmays

Problem with avast! Internet Security desktop gadget!
« on: November 10, 2011, 03:05:25 AM »
avast! Internet Security
program version: 6.0.1289
virus definition version: 111109-1

It appears I've developed a weird problem with the desktop gadget that is part of that avast! Internet Security Pro!

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, and have several gadgets on my desktop, however, I noticed a strange white ring/outline around the avast! desktop gadget... similar to like a burn in that occurs sometimes on LCD monitors.

Has anybody else encountered this same issue, or am I alone with this problem? I don't know if my monitor can be repaired... most likely I'll have to replace it, but if other people are experiencing the same issue, may be have something to do with the gadget itself.

At any rate, I think it should be brought to the attention of the programmers responsible for the development of this software.

ady4um

Re: Problem with avast! Internet Security desktop gadget!
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 03:09:00 AM »
What happens if you disable (at least temporarily) the gadget?

I know some users experienced some "glitches" with gadgets while installing Avast, but after rebooting all was fine. I have no idea if this is your case though.

jpmays

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:00:22 AM »
I've disabled the avast desktop gadget, and also have restarted the computer, however, I'm still seeing the outline of the gadget where it resided on my desktop. It's really strange, because none of the other gadgets that are on my desktop have not played/shown this unusual behavior... for lack of a better term.

I haven't experienced any problems during the installation... this is just something I've noticed while viewing the desktop. It hasn't caused any problems with the performance of my computer, but it's just annoying, because I can see that outline on the desktop, and it doesn't go away.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 04:56:17 AM »
Try uninstalling the gadget via remove programs, double click avast then click change and untick the gadget, reboot after running.