Author Topic: Outlook send receive error  (Read 8758 times)

Missing_Link

Outlook send receive error
« on: November 11, 2011, 01:37:47 PM »
With multiple accounts set up in Outlook 2007 some fail with ssl errors.

My main account at o2.co.uk works but a btconnect.com fails. If I disable mail shield they all work. BT consider disabling mail shield a fix, I do not!

Is there any option I have, I read that the advice is to reinstall Avast without Mail shield which I do not want to do.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Outlook send receive error
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 01:43:50 PM »
Hi,

Can you update us the error codes/code that you are getting with btconnect.com e-mail ID.

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma!

Missing_Link

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:08:26 PM »
The error code is 0x800CCC0F

text of the error is

"-ERR Cannot establish SSL with POP server 213.123.26.23:995 SSL_Connect error 10054"

I have rechecked several times, the account configuration for the affected identity is definitely NOT configured to use SSL on port 995 but the open port 110 for its connection. It seems to be switching to SSL with Avast mail defense enabled which is not supported by BTConnect.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »
Hi,

Please go to Real-Time Shields -> Mail Shield -> SSL Accounts and update us, if there are any entries over there and the details.

Have a wonderful day, Good Karma! :)

Missing_Link

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 05:47:51 PM »
You missed out the "Expert Settings" options but I have found the SSL Accounts page

I only have SMTP listed for BT Connect not POP3 and I can add it as there is one for O2 POP3 with encryption set to none

However the heading of this table says that entries are not needed for non SSL connections which does not make sense as this indicates one for BT Connect should not be needed but then neither is the one for O2.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 06:51:53 PM »
Hi,

Sorry for that mistake :(  Are you able to send and receive emails for btconnect account when the SSL box is unchecked and the POP3 port number is set to 110 in the email account settings in Outlook?

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma! :)