Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1351 **  (Read 59481 times)

Offline danny96

• Malware Fighter
  • Advanced Poster
  • No-malware!
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - 6.0.1351 **
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2011, 06:40:15 PM »
Reporting Bugs from beta 6.0.1351!
* Missing Autosandbox (all - free and Internet security version)
* Broken selfdefense modules (I can kill avast without any problem)
* Firewall is broken (can't turn on and says Protection status: Unkown)
* Lots of new stuff doesn't work and isn't translated
* Google chrome WebRep: works only when refreshing every page
* Antispam is broken (can't turn on and says Protection status: Unkown)
* Firewall log doesn't work: Cannot find path or file specified
* Safezone: Can't get into SafeZone browser
* Popups: Generate report now! - Open avast! homepage
* Eicar test file reported as High Severity threat. LOL

Tested on Virtual Machine: Windows XP Professional x64
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 06:44:10 PM by danny96 »
Real-time protection and Firewall: COMODO Internet Security 12.0.0.6810 -- Additional Protection: Web Of Trust, Ublock, NoScript, Malwarebytes Premium, Avast! Online Security, Hitman Pro -- OS: Windows 10

Offline giogio

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2011, 06:59:34 PM »
* Lots of new stuff doesn't work and isn't translated
* Popups: Generate report now! - Open avast! homepage
Confirmed

* Broken selfdefense modules (I can kill avast without any problem)
Not Confirmed

Prima di scrivere sul forum per favore leggi le istruzioni qui https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=144453.0
Non inviatemi MP per supporto,grazie-No support PM please
Home: E8400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win10.0.15063x64-Avast! Free 17.3.2291-CryptoPrevent-MBAM 2.2free-Chrome 57(uBlock origin)-TB52
Work: i5-2400-4GB RAM-500GB HDD-Win 7sp1x64-Avast!Business Security 12.3.2515,     
Cloud Console 2.18
-FF52-TB52

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 07:07:21 PM »
Yes, as I wrote previously, the "security reports" don't work yet.
Non-English resources were not refreshed at all so far, so all new texts are in English.

AdrianH

« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2011, 07:09:51 PM »
AIS ........ Win7 64Bit

>:( >:( >:(

Ran the install which behaved as a fresh install, no mention anywhere about an upgrade as in previous versions.

Used Custom install which was totally ignored and all featutes were added.

All my settings /schedules gone and nothing much seems to work properly.

I also see we have a nice spammy Market Place thrust upon us in a paid application.

More and more unwanted and un-needed features being added instead of concentrating on a solid platform.

Danny96's list is reflected here too.

I have never seen Script Shield work on any of my machines, Web Shield played silly buggers with 80% of sites using Opera in version  6.0.1289 . I certainly won;t be renewing this multi machine license.

Time for a new start with another product methinks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2011, 07:13:06 PM »
Script Shield doesn't support Opera, so if that's what you are using, then yes, it doesn't work.
Apart from that, I'm using Opera on all my computers and never had a single problem with WebShield. So, if you have a particular page and a more comprehensive description of the problem than "played silly buggers", you're certainly welcome.

Btw, what exactly did you set in the custom install, compared to the one you had before?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 07:16:38 PM by igor »

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #35 on: November 11, 2011, 07:23:22 PM »
Thank you for Avast Free 6.0.1351

weymouth1950

« Reply #36 on: November 11, 2011, 07:33:26 PM »
Installed beta over old version, using link on your post. No update offered. All went well. By the way, carry out spell check on new Market page.
thanks Avast! :D

Offline boombastik

« Reply #37 on: November 11, 2011, 07:37:01 PM »
I run a program to trigger autosanbox. When i trigger it, i select open and remember my decision.
Then i remove it from autosanbox exception's list, i restart my machine, and then i run the same file after restart and it don't trigger autosanbox.( the same fot autosandboxme tool).

Clean install with unistall utility with windows 7 sp1 32 bit.

I report a problem with xdvannn.sys That behaviour shield block (part of xtrap techonlogy) when it is created in system32 when i start a game that uses it, after 3 months is not fixed.

AdrianH

« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2011, 07:45:29 PM »
Script Shield doesn't support Opera, so if that's what you are using, then yes, it doesn't work.
Apart from that, I'm using Opera on all my computers and never had a single problem with WebShield. So, if you have a particular page and a more comprehensive description of the problem than "played silly buggers", you're certainly welcome.

Btw, what exactly did you set in the custom install, compared to the one you had before?

Script shield doesn't work for me on either of my 64bit machines using any browser.

Sites affected by Webshield? Avast Forum, vbulletin.com vbulletin.org, BBC.co.uk just to name a few. Select these from a bookmark or speeddial and 90% of the time they simply do not begin to load for anything up to 20 seconds, avast's orange globe remains still. I often have to reclick the bookmarks several times, disable avast and restart without avast loaded and no such issue ever occurs.

The new beta only offers an install not an upgrade ,

I selected custom install without the following :

No Safe Zone,Web Rep, Virtualisation,Gadget,Script Shield,Behaviour Shield.

All features loaded, all previous settings are gone.

The uninstaller didn't run either on the first 2 attempts.

And why oh why have you added yet more spam on the GUI of a paid application? Really not acceptable.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2011, 07:46:08 PM »
New beta works fine here. I agree with DavidR we need a way to import/export settings. I had to redo all my settings for all of the scans. Auto-Sandbox is working as advertised. I like where the auto-sandbox pop-up is, it's better than before. Now I get to re-populate the persistent cache...yipee!  :)

As far as an up-date notification in the GUI, don't look for it as this is a beta not a final release.  ;D
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #40 on: November 11, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »
Same here Vlk, the installer didn't offer the update.
+1

Yes, as I wrote previously, the "security reports" don't work yet.
Non-English resources were not refreshed at all so far, so all new texts are in English.
:'( Trevor said me that they will be incorporated in the new version... I've translated them such in a hurry :'(
The best things in life are free.

Nesivos

« Reply #41 on: November 11, 2011, 07:51:14 PM »
1. No update available from GUI in my location as of 30 minutes ago.

2. Installed using downloaded installer.   Did not notice an upgrade option.  I even installed it both ways, default and custom on my two desktops.  I got the same result both ways.  Neither appeared to have an "upgade" option.

3. During the install the application of the user's license GUI has been changed.   It now includes Trial option. After choosing the License option from the GUI and selecting it the license applied fine but then got the message, paraphrasing.  Trial Version could not be applied.  It seems to me that if you have already selected the apply License option that you should not be seeing this error message about the Trial version after the fact.

4. Install wiped out all my Scan settings.   This problem needs to be resolved.  It has become a real pain in the butt to update using the installer file.  Yes some would say well use the GUI.  The GUI option is not always available like today.  If there is an improvement in a Security program that I use I ain't going to wait around for some server located who knows where to make it available for the avast! program to update.  This of course applies only where I know where to go to download a valid installer of the updated program.  This of course applies here.

5. I even un-clicked the the Reset boxes before doing the install thinking that may help but to no avail.   The installer wiped out all my Custom scans and it appears reset some of but not all of the default settings on the default scans.

6. Install appeared to wipe out some but not all of my real-time shields expert settings.  Maybe Avast has changed the default expert settings so that they now agree with some the custom expert setting that I had put in?

AdrianH

« Reply #42 on: November 11, 2011, 07:58:16 PM »
1. No update available from GUI in my location as of 30 minutes ago.

2. Installed using downloaded installer.   Did not notice an upgrade option.  I even installed it both ways, default and custom on my two desktops.  I got the same result both ways.  Neither appeared to have an "upgade" option.

3. During the install the application of the user's license GUI has been changed.   It now includes Trial option. After choosing the License option from the GUI and selecting it the license applied fine but then got the message, paraphrasing.  Trial Version could not be applied.  It seems to me that if you have already selected the apply License option that you should not be seeing this error message about the Trial version after the fact.

4. Install wiped out all my Scan settings.   This problem needs to be resolved.  It has become a real pain in the butt to update using the installer file.  Yes some would say well use the GUI.  The GUI option is not always available like today.  If there is an improvement in a Security program that I use I ain't going to wait around for some server located who knows where to make it available for the avast! program to update.  This of course applies only where I know where to go to download a valid installer of the updated program.  This of course applies here.

5. I even un-clicked the the Reset boxes before doing the install thinking that may help but to no avail.   The installer wiped out all my Custom scans and it appears reset some of but not all of the default settings on the default scans.

6. Install appeared to wipe out some but not all of my real-time shields expert settings.  Maybe Avast has changed the default expert settings so that they now agree with some the custom expert setting that I had put in?

ALL my settings ,schedules and firewall rules were removed, the firewall is useless as noted earlier , it failed against Eicar files. I had the notice about the Trial activation failing despite the license number being set.

Oh well , this is an opportunity to test what else is around the market place.

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 08:23:18 PM »
Nice!

Just updated the FREE Version of Avast from GUI (latest Stable). Everything seems to me working fine.

Some little thing: the "Market" isn't translated but haven't found any major bug. YET! :)

Gargamel360

« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 08:24:17 PM »
the firewall is useless as noted earlier , it failed against Eicar files.
EICAR files test firewalls?  No, they do not.

I get how you are a little irked (despite the fact this is a BETA), but don't start FUD spreading.