Author Topic: Outlook add-in  (Read 3404 times)

Offline jewelr

Outlook add-in
« on: November 12, 2011, 05:22:42 AM »
For some reason the anti-spam add-in in outlook will not load. I try to turn the add-in on but it won't stay that way.

iyogisolutions1

Re: Outlook add-in
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 05:39:23 AM »
Hi

Welcome to Avast forum

You can  try this to resolve this problem.

Please go to control panel --> then Add/Remove programs --> then click on installed Avast antivirus, right click on that and go for uninstallation.

There you will be getting a window opened, the last option would be repair option.

Please click on Repair and click next to continue the repairing  process. Finish the repairing process, then restart the computer and check it

Have a Wonderful Day. Good Karma :)

Offline jewelr

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 06:14:13 PM »
I tried the repair before reading this and it didn't help. I deleted the file C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\asOutExt.dll and then ran the repair and that seemed to work.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 06:28:04 PM »
Hi,

We are so happy to hear that the issue is been fixed. But in case if you face the same problem again, you can do a clean reinstallation of avast! from the scratch.

Download and save the avast! removal utility from the following link.

hxxp://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe

But before running the removal tool go for.

avast! UI -> Settings -> Troubleshooting -> Uncheck the Enable avast! self-defence module and click on OK.

Run aswclear.exe and make sure that you reboot the machine once its done.

Download the latest avast! product that you have purchased and install it. Hopefuly all the issues will be fixed by now.

Have a wonderful day, Good Karma! :)