Author Topic: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1364 **  (Read 183910 times)

Offline DJBone

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: ** INTRODUCING: NEW BETA VERSION OF AVAST - NOW 6.0.1352 **
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
Cold you please post a screenshot?  :)
Look at the attachements...

DJBone

Thank you very much, DJBone  ;)
You're welcome  :)

DJBone
Win10 x64, APS (always latest version)
Avast Mobile Security (always latest version)

dagrev

« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 01:34:20 PM »
All seems to be well.

But Secunia files are not scanned.  Some files could not be scanned: "Error: Password protected."  This has not happened before the beta.  (Outlook.pst often will not be scanned, but was this time.)

I'm hoping detection will be improved with these newer versions.

gdiloren

« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 03:16:53 PM »
Just tested the autosandbox feature with the tool but Immunet 3 was faster than Avast and quarantined the autosandbox.exe file before the download was completed. ???

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2011, 03:32:39 PM »
But Secunia files are not scanned.  Some files could not be scanned: "Error: Password protected."  This has not happened before the beta.  (Outlook.pst often will not be scanned, but was this time.)

The scanning functionality is fully contained inside the virus definitions, so it's not possible for the beta do behave differently - the modules are the same. I'd say it's more likely that the scanned files got changed in between, for example.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 03:38:41 PM »
Just tested the autosandbox feature with the tool but Immunet 3 was faster than Avast and quarantined the autosandbox.exe file before the download was completed. ???
Easly solved by getting rid of some of that security software listed in your signiture  :o

[HUN]kranazoli

« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 04:58:06 PM »
Hi there!

Updated (again) from the latest stable version of Avast. (Standalone EXE file Avast Free BETA) Seems to me, everything working fine.

Nesivos

« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2011, 05:21:39 PM »
does not work in version 6.0.1352 AutoSandbox :'(

It worked for me. :)

Nesivos

« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2011, 05:25:47 PM »
Beta version installed fine. Licence date stayed as Friday last when I first downloaded Beta version (prior to reverting back to old version on Saturday).
Thank you.
Again do spell check on new Market UI page (comming??)
Thanks again for such a good AV program.

I would not have posted this but for what it says that I highlighted in Red

comming    

A common misspelling of a word that seems so easy to spell that it hurts your brain when it's actually misspelled in this fashion. Even if you sounded out the word "coming" phonetically, to try and spell it, you would not get anything resembling "comming."

Can be found most often on internet message boards and "Comments" sections.
People's obsessions with improper spelling are comming to an apocalyptic climax.

;D ;D

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=comming

Nesivos

« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2011, 05:34:53 PM »
All seems to be well.

I'm hoping detection will be improved with these newer versions.

Interesting

I use Secunia PSI

avast! ran a "Full Systems Scan" on my desktops late last night and the scans did not give me that message on any of the Secunia files.   Though it did give me that message on other files.

YoKenny

« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2011, 05:40:22 PM »
Easly solved by getting rid of some of that security software listed in your signiture  :o
True!  ;D

Especially Immunet 3

jack_90125

« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2011, 06:04:41 PM »
I d a clean install of ais and I am on win 7 ultimate. in the non beta version I had right click and scan on files dirs etc. this beta version shows it in th elist but does not scan or do anything when selected.
I use this feature alot (till now).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
I d a clean install of ais and I am on win 7 ultimate. in the non beta version I had right click and scan on files dirs etc. this beta version shows it in th elist but does not scan or do anything when selected.

Context menu scanning is working for me.

Nesivos

« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2011, 07:21:38 PM »

Context menu scanning is working for me.

Ditto :)

gdiloren

« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2011, 07:55:50 PM »
True!  ;D

Especially Immunet 3
I'm keeping Immunet 3 as a 2nd layer of protection. Disabling everything won't get this latest version of Avast Beta working for the autosandbox tool!!! :o So I gues not installing from scratch may be is the problem. Trying the sandbox browser now 8)

Offline boombastik

« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2011, 09:06:01 PM »
I Cant't trigger autosandox. I have set it to ask but it dont work, like the foto. :