Author Topic: message about ccleaner  (Read 2682 times)

true indian

message about ccleaner
« on: November 14, 2011, 04:17:29 PM »
Just want to inform u guys that using ccleaner at windows startup may cause action center in win7 to show improper security info...such as firewall not turned on even if it is on....the reason is  ccleaner deletes important log files that windows reads...

iyogisolutions1

Re: message about ccleaner
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:19:24 PM »
Hi,

Its working fine here. Anyway will post back if we came around with it..

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma! :)

true indian

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 04:23:20 PM »
if u use it immediately after windows loads and shows the desktop....even before action center loads u will see the fault...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2011, 04:27:18 PM »
Just want to inform u guys that using ccleaner at windows startup may cause action center in win7 to show improper security info...such as firewall not turned on even if it is on....the reason is  ccleaner deletes important log files that windows reads...
Iv never had CCleaner mess with my windows action centre \firewall, in the advanced options you can tick the box to only delet windows temp folders older than 24 hours try that or dont set CCLeaner to run at startup.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2011, 06:17:50 PM »
I never let ccleaner run on startup, aside from slowing the boot it shouldn't have any other adverse effect. As craigb said by default it doesn't delete temp files that are less than 24hrs old.

However, the paranoid that elect to run it on startup may well have unchecked this safety option.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2011, 08:27:16 PM »
we are Sure that's not problem caused by Ccleaner.

So we are suggesting you to go to action center and Please try to turn the firewall. There you can get information, if you had any other security softwares.

true indian

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 06:07:08 AM »
well...today i tried it again and it didnt have any side effect on action center  ::)...so working fine here!...though i had never allow it to run on startup  ::)