Author Topic: No mail scanning in mozilla 1.7.3.  (Read 2932 times)

Ilegalec

No mail scanning in mozilla 1.7.3.
« on: November 17, 2004, 07:37:36 PM »
Hi!

Since my upgrade from Avast 4 to Avast 4.5 I am having problems scanning mails. I can receive and send mails, but Avast doesen't scan them. Any ideas? I am using Mozilla mail 1.7.3.

My avast4.ini shows only this:

[MailScanner]
ShowTrayIcon=1

At the instalation of the older version, I was asked which pop and smtp servers should be checked. But not in this version. Could that be the problem?

Regards, Ilegalec

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re:No mail scanning in mozilla 1.7.3.
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2004, 07:43:52 PM »
In 4.5 several things have changed. One of the largest changes is the mail scanning. This works now transparantly on NT based systems. do a little reading/searching on this board and the website to find out.

Ilegalec

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2004, 07:49:01 PM »
In 4.5 several things have changed. One of the largest changes is the mail scanning. This works now transparantly on NT based systems. do a little reading/searching on this board and the website to find out.

I have been searching for the whole afternoon. Everyone is saying just to set up your mail program as if there was no Avast. And I did that. I can send and receive letters, avast just dooesen't scan them. I reinstalled both mozilla and avast several times. Always the same thing happens. I mean nothing happens.

Regards, Ilegalec

Ilegalec

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2004, 07:59:39 PM »
Problem solved. Don't ask me how, because I don't know. The icon just showed up  ???

Judt glad it's solved  ;D

Regards, Ilegalec