Author Topic: Why wont AIS Firewall install?  (Read 1579 times)

CityKiwi

Why wont AIS Firewall install?
« on: November 15, 2011, 06:48:30 AM »
Hi,

I have been a long user of Avast free, but decided to go to AIS. I paid the licence and updated to what seems a paid version of Free! The Firewall will not load and the GUI I have is the same as free but with Avast ISS at the top of the GUI. I have deleted, reinstalled but still the Firewall refuses to install, I have no other security on my system, so am at a loss what to do next? I have in essence a paid free version!

Cheers Bryan.  :(

« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:06:12 AM by CityKiwi »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
Re: Why wont AIS Firewall install?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 08:10:59 AM »
Are you sure that you dont have an old third party firewall still installed on the system as that will stop the firewall being installed.
Here's a fresh copy of AIS for you to try http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/setup_ais.exe.

Download and save the new avast copy then uninstall the copy of avast you have now from remove programs and reboot, have a look in c\programs and c\program data and delet the avast files and run a cleaner and registry scan with CCLeaner which will tidy up a few leftovers.
Now reinstall the new copy of avast you downloaded earlyer and reinsert the license file.