Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Server didn't response...
(1/4) > >>
vacu:
Hi!
I've updated my Avast! and now I have 4.5.523 but I have problems with new mail protection - when I'm tring to send message bigger than 1 MB i get message:

[ translation : "SMTP server didn't response for 60 sec. Do you want to wait next 60 sec. for the server responce?" "Wait" "Stop"]
I'm sure that server is OK, I've set the timeout [both in Avast & in OE] - 6000 sec. [OE - 5 min.] and it didn't help. Before updating Avast everything was OK, the mail protection was disabled. Now disabling doesn't help. Any suggestions?
Best regards!
~vacu

pees: I have WinXP+OExpress 6.0
Lisandro:
Welcome to forums  8)

Try to increase both timeouts (of avast into the Advanced tab of Internet Mail provider settings and of your email account, in Properties of the account, Advanced tab too). You can set both to 600, for instance. If you're on a DSL connection (not dial-up) it shouldn't be necessary a so long timeout anyway...

Do you use any spam killer?
Sometimes the spam killer enters in a 'loop' and consume all the timeout.
Shutdonw it and start it again.
vacu:
I've increased both timeouts to:
- 100 min. [Avast]
- 5 min. [this is max. for OE]
and it didn't help. But as you wrote I have DSL connection so it shouldn't be a problem [I'm trying to send about 1MB attachment].

I don't have any spamkiller or any other similar program.

I've tried to send this mail with The Bat! and there is the same problem  :-\
Lisandro:
Time is on seconds, not minutes  ;D

If you disable the smtp scanning into avast settings, will it help in anyway?
You can disable it deeper following this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7051;start=msg58367#msg58367
Can you try?
vacu:
heh... you're quick ;)

--- Quote from: Technical on November 17, 2004, 03:50:18 PM ---Time is on seconds, not minutes  ;D
--- End quote ---
In Avast! [I've set 6000s.]. In OE this time is in minutes ::) ;)

--- Quote from: Technical on November 17, 2004, 03:50:18 PM ---If you disable the smtp scanning into avast settings, will it help in anyway?
You can disable it deeper following this: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2;action=display;threadid=7051;start=msg58367#msg58367
Can you try?

--- End quote ---
YES! It helped! THX Technical!

ps. we'll see for how long it will help... ;)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page

Go to full version