Author Topic: Simple user interface.xml  (Read 5295 times)

Parabellum

Simple user interface.xml
« on: December 09, 2004, 10:17:26 AM »
Hi, 8)

After a scan I would like to see the xml rapport, but it is white all over. It does not work.

I have set it to make the xml rapport after a scan, but when I open It, it only shows 4 fields
which are emty.

I have Internet Explorer and Firefox, and the result is the same.

Can someone help herr?

Another thing:

I have the last version 4.5.549 Home Edition, and have a problem about the
On-Acces Scanner. When I use the program Port Explorer http://www.diamondcs.com.au/portexplorer/
then the On-Acces Scanner causing 100% CPU load when I use Internet explorer
or Outlook express.
It is the process ashServ.exe that use 98 - 100 % of the CPU.
Have you a solution for that problem?

I have Win XP Pro SP1, 2.8 Ghz P4, 512Mb RAM

I have written to support 2 times, but I have heard nothing from them.

Regards

P.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re:Simple user interface.xml
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2004, 12:44:06 PM »
Just a question (that won't solve your problem), but does the txt report works in your computer?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2004, 03:54:13 PM »
Does it help when you stop the Network Shield and Internet Mail providers before you start IE/Outlook Express with Port Explorer running?

Parabellum

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2004, 06:19:00 PM »
Does it help when you stop the Network Shield and Internet Mail providers before you start IE/Outlook Express with Port Explorer running?

No, it only helps if I stop the Standard Shield. When I start Port Explorer then the "A" icon begin to move around in smal steps, and the PC is slowing down. And when I start IE/Outlook then the PC lock and shov 100 % CPU to avast.

The txt report works works fine, but the xml rapport does not.

Regards

P.  

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2004, 11:59:07 AM »
Igor, I must be wrong, but won't the change of storage method from ODBC to XML help on this?

You may try to open the <avast>\data\avast4.ini file and in the [Common] section, change the item Database=ODBC to Database=XML. This could prevent the Microsoft Jet drivers from accessing the database... does it have any (positive) effect?
The best things in life are free.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2004, 04:30:52 PM »
Well, I don't know what avast! is scanning... why should it be the database?
Try to turn on the option "Show detailed into on performed action" for the Standard Shield temporarily... what is scanned when you start PortExplorer?

Btw, are you saying that right from the moment you start PortExplorer, the PC starts to slowing down - even if you wouldn't start IE/Outlook afterwards?

Parabellum

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2004, 05:59:12 PM »
Well, I don't know what avast! is scanning... why should it be the database?
Try to turn on the option "Show detailed into on performed action" for the Standard Shield temporarily... what is scanned when you start PortExplorer?

Btw, are you saying that right from the moment you start PortExplorer, the PC starts to slowing down - even if you wouldn't start IE/Outlook afterwards?

I have enabel the "Show detailed into on performed action" and when I start Port Explorer and rigth in that moment, the mashine slowing down. I see this: C:\programmer\port Explorer\Pelog.txt
Every time there is a record in the Pelog.txt, then the mashine is slowing down. When I open Internet Explorer, it opens the defold homeside and a lot of network trafik is in action. A long list of C:\programmer\port Explorer\Pelog.txt is showing up, and sometimes something to the defold homeside.
At the moment this is starting up ( I start internet Explorer ) the machine is extremely slow ( locked ).
If I close internet Explorer then after 1 min it closes down, and the machine is a little faster, and then when I close port Explorer it goes back to normal.

Regards
P. :)

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2004, 10:43:11 PM »
OK, so you have set the Standard Shield level to High?
Because it's appearently scanning txt files on write, which is only the case for the High sensitivity.

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Parabellum

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2004, 07:58:34 PM »
OK, so you have set the Standard Shield level to High?
Because it's appearently scanning txt files on write, which is only the case for the High sensitivity.

Thanks
Vlk

Hi Vlk

I have disabled scanning txt files, and now i works ;D

Have you a solution on the xml rapport that only shows a blank side?

Regards
P.