Author Topic: scan with avast  (Read 4984 times)

cerza

scan with avast
« on: November 15, 2011, 07:24:25 PM »
Hello,
I am new user. I'm using a free version of avast.My HardDisk has two partition: C and D.
Avast always starts with the partition named C but never scans the partition D.
Why?
Thanks

ady4um

Re: scan with avast
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »
What do you mean "starts" with the "C:" partition?

Go to the specific scan you are manually running (avast main GUI -> scan computer -> select the specific scan) and select to scan the relevant drive.

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2011, 07:44:27 PM »
Hi,

By default avast! will scan only your C: Drive. Since you need to scan your D: drive too,

You can go for Select folder to scan option in Scan Computer in avast! GUI and click on Start. There you can select the D: drive that you need to scan.

Hope we answered your doubt.

Have a wonderful day. Good Karma! :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 07:57:57 PM »
Hi,

By default avast! will scan only your C: Drive. Since you need to scan your D: drive too,

You can go for Select folder to scan option in Scan Computer in avast! GUI and click on Start. There you can select the D: drive that you need to scan.

Hope we answered your doubt.

Have a wonderful day. Good k@rma! :)
Didn't ady4um just explain that  ::)

Gargamel360

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 08:05:33 PM »
We just need to hang some things on the walls around here is all.......the bare walls are clearly producing echoes  :P ;D

Offline CraigB

• Avast √úberevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 08:09:34 PM »
We just need to hang some things on the walls around here is all.......the bare walls are clearly producing echoes  :P ;D
;D ;D

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 08:40:53 PM »
ady4um  forgot the karma    8)

Daris

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 10:25:05 PM »
I have 2 partitions on my XP laptop also...C drive is the main drive where everything on your computer is stored for your computer Operating System..My D drive is basically 40 gigs of empty space...I have chosen to put a folder there in which I download all my music to, and Youtube videos etc. Also I store my passwords and important things there in case if I ever have to reformat and do a recovery my D drive will be left untouched, while my C drive will be erased and factory settings will be set there...
   However on Avast scans...Avast does start the scan with your C drive and depending on what you have on your D drive it will scan at the end...On default settings " All harddiscs" I have Videos from Youtube and Music so depending on Avast settings on "Scan" "Sensitivity"  the size of Music Videos..
My E drive is my DVD ram, and F and G are my USB which if inserted will also be scanned on an Avast Default "full scan" usually at the end of the scan...If U do a Boot Time Scan set it to all harddiscs..

Sorry for the lengthy letter...I had some free time to spare at work...TC