Author Topic: All currently available vpsupd.exe files are defective.  (Read 13987 times)

ady4um

Re: All currently available vpsupd.exe files are defective.
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2011, 10:30:55 PM »
Since I have a dialup internet connection

I insist on downloading the simple normal updates instead of downloading the full VPS should work much better, even for re-installations.

If you have problems with downloading 40MB on dial up, then you may want to download it from an "Internet Bar" or alike, but only when you already know you will need it.

In the mean time, for daily use, you should configure Avast:

Avast main GUI -> settings -> Updates -> Update parameters -> "I only connect to the Internet using a dial up modem".

That setting should improve your connectivity from Avast.

YoKenny

« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2011, 10:38:04 PM »
In the past, the only time I'd have to download that defs exe was to update my wife's computer, which at the time didn't have internet access.  I've since swapped my router-modem for a wireless one, so don't even have to do that anymore.
As xode is on a dialup internet connection he probably has no clue what you are talking about.  ;)

Sniping is not a reasonable course of action.  You probably have no clue what it means to be civil to others.
Sorry but I have not used dialup since 1995.

ethan76

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »
In the past, the only time I'd have to download that defs exe was to update my wife's computer, which at the time didn't have internet access.  I've since swapped my router-modem for a wireless one, so don't even have to do that anymore.
As xode is on a dialup internet connection he probably has no clue what you are talking about.  ;)

..and the bloddy FJ strikes again...the "sniping-saga-no-help" continues..

Using a dial-up has it's benefits(depends on the location/connection..etc). It's slow but just be patient. Some dial-up connections I had in the past were more reliable than,say, mobile dsl(but that's just me). I still maintain both (dial-up/DSL) though I use the DSL often. I had some experience with that..downloads corrupted(dial-up downloads with that size it's really a pain).