Author Topic: Windows Event Log Error 6008 - request  (Read 57608 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Windows Event Log Error 6008 - request
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 11:59:06 PM »
When this situation comes out to be stable (may be one more day) I will update again to .1352 and see if there is any change back to the previous problem.

It's 1354 meanwhile. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2011, 02:14:44 AM »
@ady4um
I think you have no clue about Windows 7
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=88536.msg709746#msg709746

Posting a link to some (long) post in some completely different (and not-short) topic is not going to explain why you are assuming that (opinion, not fact). Do you expect from me to re-read that complete topic so to *guess* what you meant?

I have NEVER had to do that on my Windows 7 system nor my XP Pro system but I did have to on my very old XP Home system that I sold.

You had never had to do what exactly? What is "that" in your sentence? Would / Could you be more specific, please?

Why do I not trust a person that does not even know what country they are in ???

I have no idea why wouldn't you. ::)

*I* know in what country I am. Whether I decide to publish that or not is a different matter. Whether *you* know in what country *I* am is a different matter. Whether the country I was born is the same country where I live in is a different matter. Whether the country where I live in is the same country where I am currently writing from is a different matter. Whether any of those countries is of any influence in my technical answers is not even a matter.

Whether a new user (not me), which is not going to tell you "his country" (whichever meaning he wants to give to that expression), is from one country or another is not a matter here either, and you still are able to post and help those new forum members anyway.

So, if you want to specify what you meant / imply about the Windows Seven issue (or any relevant technical issue), and if it is a matter in this topic (instead of being Off Topic), I have no problem at all in answering, including the possibility that I may have made a mistake or expressed myself not clearly enough.

jrace

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 02:19:02 PM »
Since I experienced no 6008 warnings anymore with .1289 I will update the system with the newest beta coming soon.

It's 1354 meanwhile. ;)

Ya, but for the time being it is withdrawn, will see what comes next!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2011, 03:39:50 PM »
Since I experienced no 6008 warnings anymore with .1289 I will update the system with the newest beta coming soon.

It's 1354 meanwhile. ;)

How long has it been since you installed 1289 ? as i installed 1354 this morning and it took 5 reboots over 8 hours before the error reared its ugly head again  :(

jrace

« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2011, 04:01:05 PM »

It's 1354 meanwhile. ;)

How long has it been since you installed 1289 ? as i installed 1354 this morning and it took 5 reboots over 8 hours before the error reared its ugly head again  :(

It is actually running since 2 days, 5 def updates and numerous reboots!

ady4um

« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2011, 04:11:09 PM »
@Jrace and craigb,

According to the report of Jekku, it is not about how many reboots you made, or how many updates, but about rebooting after a definition updates was in fact performed.

So rebooting 5 times during 8 hours, for example, may not catch the event until an update was actually applied. Statistically (well, just as a mean value), you get 1 update every 12 hours. No matter if you reboot 20 times, but if you reboot after receiving that next update.

During 2 days, if rebooting several times, you would see that the event is almost not reported except for one reboot after an update (or after 3 updates with no reboot in between, doesn't matter).

Of course, I am assuming that your systems are behaving the same as in Jekku's case.

jrace

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2011, 11:29:46 PM »

@ ady4um:

I very well know about this specific problem, Since I had the same thing with version .1352 I downgraded to .1289 to see if it is still present. Answer is -no-.

To make my previous statement more precise for you:
It's running now for two and a half days, 6 def. updates with either shutdowns or reboots behind.

My system is not online for 24 hours, but only periodically may be a total of 3 hours per day. That implies shutdowns startups and reboots. So I have at least one shutdown or reboot after a def update.

YoKenny

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2011, 11:37:29 PM »

My system is not online for 24 hours, but only periodically may be a total of 3 hours per day. That implies shutdowns startups and reboots. So I have at least one shutdown or reboot after a def update.
it is obviously clear that ady4um has no clue about Window 7 systems!

He should leave this problem to those that know and run Windows 7 and he does not want to disclose what country he resides in nor indicate what operating system he uses.  ???

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 11:39:41 PM »

It's 1354 meanwhile. ;)

The problems have been fixed and .1356 is out now. :)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

ady4um

« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2011, 12:13:55 AM »
@jrace,

Yes, evidently you have rebooted after some definitions update, but craigb mentioned 5 reboots in 8 hours "only". That period of time (which in some cases would not be enough to trigger this event) and the rebooting frequency was the main reason for the comment.

@YoKenny,

I tend to avoid publicly posting personal impressions or opinions on other forum members. If I were to do such a thing, I would probably be wrong, since some simple forum posts coming from people from all over the world with different cultures are not even close to the vicinity of being enough to have some kind of valid impression of anyone / someone.

Evidently and obviously, it wouldn't add anything, just like your opinions with no fact at all. I *would* consider asking you, politely, to concentrate on the real issues and technical matters, but since anyway you already carefully read the signatures more than the main posts, my request to you would be a waste of time (to say the least).

I was about to repeat myself with previously posted explanations. This is the last time I fall into this worthless OT with you. If you want to share with me technical issues, I am very open to that. Otherwise, don't even bother; I don't care.

Let's move on into the next technical issue and the next Beta version.

jrace

« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 12:22:17 PM »
Since I had this "unexpected shut down error (6008)" with version .1352 everytimes a new def update came in I reverted to version .1289 again and it was OK.

Now I tried .1356 as an over thetop update.
The error is immediately back after the first def update!    :o :o :o

Came back to .1289 and observing the system now. After the next update this evening I will report back!

Edit: First big def update of .1289 to current status folowed by a reboot did not show the 6008 error in the event viewer.

Offline Jekku

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 01:54:13 PM »
Since I had this "unexpected shut down error (6008)" with version .1352 everytimes a new def update came in I reverted to version .1289 again and it was OK.

Now I tried .1356 as an over thetop update.
The error is immediately back after the first def update!    :o :o :o

Came back to .1289 and observing the system now. After the next update this evening I will report back!

Edit: First big def update of .1289 to current status folowed by a reboot did not show the 6008 error in the event viewer.

@jrace: Could you try to uninstall the .1289 build and make a clean install of .1356? I did that and didn't get an error after first def update/reboot. However, I did get a strange error window during uninstall (.1354): DllRegisterServer returned 0x8002801c. I don't know if this has anything to do with our problem, but I remember seeing that error once before. That was when I first discover this 6008 error problem and unistalled my avast.

I bet I won't get that system shutdown error until the next program update when the next build is updated over the old one.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 02:17:14 PM by Jekku »
1) Intel C2Q Q8400 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, Asus P5Q Pro, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, Win 7 Home Premium x64, avast Free 7.0.1426
2) AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE 3.2GHz (4 cores enabled), Asus M4A785-M, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5670, 320GB HDD, Win 7 Home Premium x64, avast Free 7.0.1426

jrace

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 03:08:16 PM »

@jrace: Could you try to uninstall the .1289 build and make a clean install of .1356? I did that and didn't get an error after first def update/reboot. However, I did get a strange error window during uninstall (.1354): DllRegisterServer returned 0x8002801c. I don't know if this has anything to do with our problem, but I remember seeing that error once before. That was when I first discover this 6008 error problem and unistalled my avast.

I bet I won't get that system shutdown error until the next program update when the next build is updated over the old one.

Hi Jekku, may I call you now "Genius"? ::)

Like you I made a clean install of .1356, it made directly after install the first def update, I rebooted the whole load and what did I see:   -nothing, no 6008-
That seems to have solved it. With crossed fingers I'm waiting now for the evening update and will check what comes. Hope you are right with your bet! ;D

But anyway even when it works out somebody should alert "Vlk" on this to have an eye on it!

Offline Jekku

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:03:21 PM »
Hi Jekku, may I call you now "Genius"? ::)

Like you I made a clean install of .1356, it made directly after install the first def update, I rebooted the whole load and what did I see:   -nothing, no 6008-
That seems to have solved it. With crossed fingers I'm waiting now for the evening update and will check what comes. Hope you are right with your bet! ;D

Well, I don't think this issue is solved yet. What I meant to say was, that even if we didn't get any errors (I don't know this yet) with this current build .1356 (clean install), I bet we will start to get them again as soon as the next build installs itself over the current one.
Seems that a clean install will work without problems(?), but an update over the old version won't and we'll start to get those 6008 errors when def update/reboot is made(?). That's what has happened so far, isn't it? Well, this is just my speculation and we'll see how it goes when the next build is released...

And I was unfortunately wrong... :( I just got an 6008 error after def update/reboot with my clean installed avast .1356. So, we are back in square one again!  >:(
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 09:17:30 PM by Jekku »
1) Intel C2Q Q8400 2.66GHz@3.2GHz, Asus P5Q Pro, 8GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850, OCZ Agility 3 60GB SSD, Win 7 Home Premium x64, avast Free 7.0.1426
2) AMD Phenom II X2 555 BE 3.2GHz (4 cores enabled), Asus M4A785-M, 4GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5670, 320GB HDD, Win 7 Home Premium x64, avast Free 7.0.1426

jrace

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:47:58 PM »
And I was unfortunately wrong... :( I just got an 6008 error after def update/reboot with my clean installed avast .1356. So, we are back in square one again!  >:(

One more in the "6008 Club"!

A few minutes ago I had the same experience with the evening def update of .1356. As you say, we are back to the start and I have absolutely no clue.  ???
I will now finally go back to .1289 and try again when the new stable version is rolling out.
Still watching this post.