Author Topic: false positive - cant restore 2 files...help  (Read 1535 times)

tamak

false positive - cant restore 2 files...help
« on: November 25, 2011, 05:35:30 PM »
ok, Im running avast free antivirus 6.0..... I woke up this am and my routine nightly scan shows threat detected and shows they were successfully moved to chest.   i can see them listed in the log and have the menu to choose repair, do nothing, etc. -- but the problem is

a) i cant select the detected files even though they are listed... the 'apply button' is inactive (cant click it, but i see it at bottom)...  they all seem un-clickable for some reason.

b) even if I could click them, all i see is do nothing, repair, delete, etc. -- nothing says restore.

what am I missing here and how can i get the two false positive files back?

thanks!

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: false positive - cant restore 2 files...help
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:01:20 PM »
What you are missing is some information on the detection, e.g. the file name, location and malware name, and the scan type that you did etc. ?
Without this it is somewhat hard to make any suggestions.

Re A. generally this is as a result of the files/processes in the listing are either memory blocks (not physical files - in a memory scan) or files that can't be scanned, hence the Apply button isn't active as there is effectively nothing to apply. That is why we need the information requested.

Re B. this is a list after the scan prior to action, so at that point action hasn't been taken so there would be no restore (that is an avast chest function).
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security