Author Topic: Huge problem after new update  (Read 1935 times)

3link9

Huge problem after new update
« on: November 29, 2011, 04:06:36 PM »
Currently running in my Kaspersky rescue disk browser atm. I downloaded the new Avast program update to the one that just came out and Now I noticed that my behavior shield is disabled and my boot time is very slow I can't even uninstall it to reinstall it. So basiclly everytime I reboot my computer it locks up within minutes and my avast behavior shield is disabled. I can't even surf the internet, etc. So I gotta use my rescue disk just to get here. Please help!

Im currently running:
Windows XP SP3
1.72 GB of RAM
and I can't get any info atm.... since I can't access it.

3link9

Re: Huge problem after new update
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 04:51:03 PM »
and for a update I was able to enable the behavior sheild but when I minimized it avast disapeared and my PC locked up and I can't re-open it so right now Im gonna run my rescue disk just incase I got some trojan or something because I couldn't open my emisoft and malwarebytes either because the PC locked up.

Adek022

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 04:57:39 PM »
Try to run Safe Mode, and run a full scan of malwarebytes.

If this is not possible, download the tool TDSS killer and perform the scan. Give the scan results here.

3link9

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 05:28:10 PM »
So got into safe mode, Malwarebytes found nothing and then I uninstalled avast and rebooted and that solved my problem. Can't believe I forgot about safe mode -_-