Author Topic: Automatic Program Update  (Read 1779 times)

Techtronic

Automatic Program Update
« on: November 29, 2011, 08:14:29 PM »
Using Avast Internet Security 6.0.1289. I have the update settings set for Automatic Update for definitions and program. The virus definitions always update automatically (no user intervention). Now I have noticed that the program updates don't work like that. All I get is a color change to red for the program version and a link to update in the Summary window >:( I always expected the program to be updated "automatically" just like the virus definitions! Is there a difference in the meaning of "Automatic Update" when it comes to the program version?? ???

ady4um

Re: Automatic Program Update
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2011, 08:26:07 PM »
There is no problem. The last time your Avast attempted to update the definitions, it also updated that line of information that there is a new program update available.

Now, if you want, you can simply update manually from the main GUI of Avast.

If you don't, then in a few days the program update will be automatically performed.

If you set the program updates to "ask", then the tray notification for the program update won't appear yet. Just as I described for "automatic", some days from now the tray notification will inform you that a new program update is available (but no automatic installation with the setting in "ask").

When I say "in a few days", I don't know how many. It may be 1, or 7 or more. It depends on when exactly the program updates are "activated" for distribution in the several servers around the world.

Techtronic

Re: Automatic Program Update
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:36:31 PM »
I get it! 8) Thank you!! :)