Author Topic: avast iyogi scam  (Read 12171 times)

avastluw

Re: avast iyogi scam
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:16 PM »
The OP won't be able to tell you anything about that, you can use the forum search function to satisfy your curiosity.

The question was not for you buddy  :)...if he replies, am okay with that  ;D

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2011, 05:15:49 PM »
How can he answer what you asked:
Quote from: avastluw
its not to count anything, would like to know what exactly happened with Avast and with the support company.

How can he possibly know how avast chose iyogi for their avast third party support option. That is my point, nothing to do with trying to answer your question (I don't know either as an avast user), but personally I don't like it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastluw

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 05:21:30 PM »
How can he answer what you asked:
Quote from: avastluw
its not to count anything, would like to know what exactly happened with Avast and with the support company.

How can he possibly know how avast chose iyogi for their avast third party support option. That is my point, nothing to do with trying to answer your question (I don't know either as an avast user), but personally I don't like it.

Okay...got ur point...let us wait of reply from Chris, David...every one has their own views  :)

DonZ63

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:23 PM »
Well, Avast not the only one to go to bed with scamers.

Symantec has same pay tech support option with the "Boys From Bombay." Their rates start at $90/hour with no guaranty.

OP should read the EULA he agreed to w/iYogi. I am sure somewhere imbedded in the double talk is a statement that their is no guaranty. Good luck with credir card charge-back.

Wise up people! For these costs, you can get your malware removed locally and get a guaranty to boot!!

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2011, 08:26:30 PM »
For these costs, you can get your malware removed locally and get a guaranty to boot!!

Or you can get it removed for free (here)..!! ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Rednose

• Pirate Party Member
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Bits of Freedom : https://www.bof.nl
    • Nederlandstalig Avast! forum
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2011, 08:32:16 PM »
For these costs, you can get your malware removed locally and get a guaranty to boot!!

Or you can get it removed for free (here)..!! ;)

Yes, Essexboy is one of our best FreeBee's 8)

Greetz, Red.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 08:34:23 PM by Rednose »
Real Time: Avast Premium Security
On Demand: Malwarebytes
VPN: NordVPN ( NordLynx ) with Threat Protection ( Lite )

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 08:38:15 PM »
Yes, Essexboy is one of our best FreeBee's 8)

Greetz, Red.

I guess iYogi isn't too happy about him. ;D
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2011, 09:26:15 PM »
I payed iyogi tech support $170 to fix my computer. They did not fix any of my viruses and are now refusing my calls and chat requests. I am going to have to contest this charge on my credit card, I don't know what to do.

Hi Chris

We apologize for the bad experience that you have had here .This needs to be researched on top priority at our end.Once the customer makes a payment he is eligible for unlimited support.If support has been refused by any individual it is a violation of the guidelines set.We would therefore request you for your E-mail address with which you registered with iYogi.This will help us to pull up your account and rectify the issue on top priority.We have also sent you a personal message in this regards.Kindly reply to it with details.We again sincerely apologize for the aggravation caused and will sort this as soon as we get the details. 

Thanking you,
 iYogi Solutions Team.

richabel

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »
I suggest you call iyogi and speak to a manager directly.
The phone numbers are - 1 877-877-9362/1 877-314-5079
[/font]

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2011, 09:43:36 PM »
I payed iyogi tech support $170 to fix my computer. They did not fix any of my viruses and are now refusing my calls and chat requests. I am going to have to contest this charge on my credit card, I don't know what to do.

We have also sent you a personal message in this regards.Kindly reply to it with details.

FYI, he can't reply to a PM on this forum, as long as he hasn't (posted) at least 20 messages.

richabel

« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2011, 10:30:52 PM »

We have also sent you a personal message in this regards.Kindly reply to it with details.

FYI, he can't reply to a PM on this forum, as long as he hasn't (posted) at least 20 messages.

Then the best best way is to contact support directly.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2011, 10:39:13 PM »
Then the best best way is to contact support directly.

My answer was directed to iYogisolutions1... ;)

YoKenny

« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2011, 11:11:15 PM »
I would rather have a frontal lobotomy than use any advice from iYogisolutions.  ;)

iyogisolutions1

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2011, 10:15:31 PM »

Hi Chris

We apologize for the bad experience that you have had here .This needs to be researched on top priority at our end.Once the customer makes a payment he is eligible for unlimited support.If support has been refused by any individual it is a violation of the guidelines set.We would therefore request you for your E-mail address with which you registered with iYogi.This will help us to pull up your account and rectify the issue on top priority.We have also sent you a personal message in this regards.Kindly reply to it with details.We again sincerely apologize for the aggravation caused and will sort this as soon as we get the details. 

Thanking you,
 iYogi Solutions Team.

Hi Chris

We are still waiting for your response on this forum.Once we got your e-mail address ,we will be able to pull up your account and rectify the issue on top priority.

Regards
 iYogi solutions Team.