Author Topic: Code Access Lost  (Read 5649 times)

drams

Code Access Lost
« on: November 30, 2011, 01:57:15 PM »
Hey, Guys

I dont remember my Access Code. What can I do to recovery it?

thx, Alex

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Code Access Lost
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 02:05:28 PM »
Dear customer,

unfortunately we can't help you with your lost/forgotten access pin (it has 4-6 digits, only numbers).

On android devices, you can try to uninstall theft aware using the custom name you chose during the installation. If the uninstall doesn't work, you probably set avast! Anti Theft as device admin in your phone settings. Undo that before uninstall.

If you don't manage to uninstall you'll have to hardreset your device. Sorry.

Werner
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 04:04:11 PM by Werner »

Cooper 2.0

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 09:33:05 AM »
worst case would be that you have to flash a new rom because TA could be hard reset resistant...

lightsaver

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 07:29:19 AM »
Actually I can help you. If you phone is rooted then download an app that will let you browse the files and folders of the entire phone. There are many apps that will allow you to do this but the must allow you to delete files as well. I have Rom Toolbox with has a built in app just for this.

If the phone is not rooted then you will need to download a program that will allow you to browse the file contents of your phone.

You need browse to the data folder then in it is another folder named data... delete the com.avast folders with all content under them after uninstalling avast. Do not reboot the phone before reinstalling or it will put the persistent files back in without over writing them first with fresh clean install.

If done correctly avast will boot just as it did the first time you installed it and you will have to configure it again but it worked for me on my Samsung Galaxy Prevail.