Author Topic: Avast free blocking sites like youtube from downloading  (Read 7689 times)

steve h

Avast free blocking sites like youtube from downloading
« on: November 30, 2011, 06:30:37 PM »
When i go to sites like youtube it lets me watch a video but not download it.I have not had a problem with this in other versions of avast.
Do i have to disable anything?

thankyou

iyogisolutions1

Re: Avast free blocking sites like youtube from downloading
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2011, 02:17:17 AM »
Hi,

We need more info about the issue. Are you using any kind of download managers for downloading YouTube videos. The Internet browzer that you use and the avast! version that you have right now.

avastluw

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2011, 04:09:52 PM »
When i go to sites like youtube it lets me watch a video but not download it.I have not had a problem with this in other versions of avast.

thankyou

Try to update Adobe Flash Player...if you don't have Adobe Flash Player, please go to google and search for Adobe Flash player and install it.  :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »

thankyou

Try to update Adobe Flash Player...if you don't have Adobe Flash Player, please go to google and search for Adobe Flash player and install it.  :)
Flash player doesn't have anything to do with not being able to download youtube video's and since the OP can watch the video's then he obviously has flash  ::)
I think waiting for the OP to reply as to what program there using to download the video's with is the crucial aspect here so the OP need's to reply to iyogi's question's first before suggestion's can be made.

avastluw

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2011, 04:41:40 PM »

thankyou

Try to update Adobe Flash Player...if you don't have Adobe Flash Player, please go to google and search for Adobe Flash player and install it.  :)
Flash player doesn't have anything to do with not being able to download youtube video's and since the OP can watch the video's then he obviously has flash  ::)
I think waiting for the OP to reply as to what program there using to download the video's with is the crucial aspect here so the OP need's to reply to iyogi's question's first before suggestion's can be made.

Yes...i tot its unable to view the videos in youtube  8)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 04:51:25 PM by avastluw »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2011, 04:45:47 PM »
Then you tot wong  :D

steve h

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2011, 04:46:17 PM »
I use speedbit video downloader.If i disable avast it downloads ok.I didnt have a problem before but i have just started using avast again and have the latest version of avast.Also it doesnt stop me downloading from all sites like youtube just certain ones.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2011, 05:03:53 PM »
I use speedbit video downloader.If i disable avast it downloads ok.I didnt have a problem before but i have just started using avast again and have the latest version of avast.Also it doesnt stop me downloading from all sites like youtube just certain ones.
Have you tried the actual Youtube downloader (be carefull not to install the yahoo toolbar and anything from McAfee) as i know that this program has no issues with avast, you could also try this http://www.freemake.com/free_video_downloader/ as i have friends trialing this one at the moment and are very pleased with it.

Offline Sirmer

• Avast team
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
Hello,
can you send here picture of Avast's detection please?